Prolouge

Told from The Darkling's POV
~~~~~

I heard a groan beside me and I opened my eyes through the pain. My chest.

I saw Alina laying there, her breathing growing jagged and she held Mal's hand while sobbing. Mal wasn't moving, Tamar's knife was lodged in his chest.

The third amplifier. Who would have thought.

"Alina..." I said shakily.

Even so, she ignored me and soon her breathing fell silent.

I stood up still shaking and starred at her broken body, yet she was smiling. She died in the arms of the person she loved.

Now I would never know how that felt.

I knelt next to her body.

"Please... Don't leave me alone..." no response. I stood up, surprised that I wasn't crying. Damnit I am the most feared man in the world I don't have time to feel for people who were already dead.

I turned away from their dead bodies and walked toward West Ravka. There was nothing here important.

The battle was over now just the shrieks of volcra as I walked past them. The monsters did not hurt me. They were just like me.

I left The Fold bleeding heavily but still alive. The only one alive through a battle for control.

I took control of Ravka and the surrounding Countries. I was now the emperor of a new continent.

___________________________

Mc's Hammer Time:

Thx for reading. I am now working on this story because I am a GIGANTIC Darkling fan (From the Grisha Series. I highly recommend it. Like more than Name of The Wind. Also an amazing book). I kinda built a shrine to him....... But that's another story never mind anyway.

(SPOILER WARNING GIGANTIC SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE THIRD BOOK DO NOT READ)

.....

.....

This is an alternative ending because I DIDNT WANT THE DARKLING TO DIE 😫😫😫😫😫😫

No really. I finished the book at 2:35 am. I was crying till 5:47 am......... Yeah......

Thanks for reading the prologue, remember to vote and comment. I really would like to know if you guys liked it.

~Auri