C 3

Shiiha

It was mid day and the sun was out. That was what I noticed as two men shoved me out of the cart and pushed me to follow Rat.

That's when I noticed where we were. I looked up and I saw the first wall to Os Alta.

Holy shit this was actually happening.

I was dazed for a second and received another friendly push from one of the men. Assholes.

Yeah Shii you should stomp on that ones foot. It'll serve him right.

No it won't that's just petty child play.
*metal ringing noise* lemme at 'im.

Shut up! The Rats coming!

"What's your name again girl." I thought about staying silent but I knew it wouldn't matter anyway.

"Shiiha Semmenok." I spat at her. No way she would think I was of any value to her. Still a person who lived on the streets with a last name was rare. Some royalty nowadays didn't even have a last name.

"Ya sure you want to be introduced as your real name?" she had a look of surprise on her face because of my last name.

My grandfather had been one of the leaders of Shu before he was killed. Big woop, I didn't get anything but his name.

"No. If I'm going to live I'll live by the name that was given to me by my mother." Rat rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, as long as you keep being a good girl till we get our money I'll worship ya like the Sun Saint."

Sankta Alina. The once living saint now dead her bones enveloped in darkness until the fold is destroyed, and she'll come back to life. To help spread peace and hope.

A big load of shit. Dead is dead, and the sun cult was just a bunch of weirdos stuck in the past.

Ooh if you can summon the sun now does that make you a new saint?

Shut it.

We stopped at the gate to the city when Rat dragged me up to the gate.

"Hold. You cannot pass through here without a pass. State your name, your party and your," he looked me up and down. I could see the distastefulness in his eyes as he looked at me. Under fed, malnourished, short, hair everywhere. I was street vermin. "Reason for being here."

"I'm Rat, leader of the Bloody Reapers of the north. These are my comrades, Wretchin and Drik."

"Wretched indeed." One of the guards mumbled and they both chuckled. Wretchin fumed.

"This is the reason I'm here," She kicked me in the knee and my legs failed me. I quickly stood up. All my dignity gone. Never had much anyways.

The guards laughed again.

"Why would a little street vermin be of any importance." One spoke up.

I'll shove my importance down your throat you jackass.

QUIET.

Just then Rat leaned in close to him and whispered something in his ear.

I saw him gulp in fear and look at me with, envy in his eyes.

"Hey go get some horses. These, reapers are of importance to The Darkling." He turned to a foot boy. "Inform the palace that a gang has arrived and would like to bargain."