A Simple Game Of Tag - 2

(SOME PARTS WILLL BE CHANGED TO FIT THE STORY)

Kaede followed White Hood quietly. He knew long before she did and that both worried and impressed her. Is he very smart or is there more to it? Her thoughts were interrupted by the chimes of their phones followed by the usual robotic voice.

"Five minutes in the game remaining." 

Something about White Hood drew Kaede in but also spiked her survival instincts to run. It was obvious he specialized in manipulation, and he seems pretty smart so he must be a diamond player or a hearts player but how far would he go to ensure absolute survival? These thoughts kept Kaede on edge and she hated being on edge. It was so bothersome. Always having your guard up and never being able to truly relax. That's how she felt when being near him, but she also didn't want to leave his side either. And that truly scared her.

As the two walked down the hallway there was sounds of someone running a little way ahead of them. It was shaggy haired guy.

"Figured it out too, huh?" It was White Hood who spoke first.

"Yeah, the symbols in here." Shaggy haired guy reached for the doorknob but hesitated. Kaede pushed herself up onto the ledge and sat there as White Hood starred at Shaggy-hair impatiently.

"Gonna open it?" Kaede watched the two men interact. Shaggy hair wasn't with them when they figured it out. Infact, he was running around like all the others were, so how did he find it?

"Why was he chasing us?" Shaggy hair looked up at the door with a puzzled expression. Kaede could tell White Hood was getting annoyed. "He could've just waited."

"Unless there is two of them and one is out here while the other is in there?" Kaede hopped down from the ledge. "Like most games someone could be protecting their base, so the opposite team doesn't infiltrate it."

"That would make sense-"

"Guess there's something we don't know." White Hood interrupted with a shrug then pulled out the phone he was given from his pocket. "Except, not much time left."

Kaede looked at White Hoods phone and sighed loudly. She looked over at Shaggy hair just as the announcer revealed how much time they had left and just as White Hood had showed them, they had only three minutes to clear the game.

"Oh, for the love of- I'll do it and If I die, I will come back and haunt you both." Kaede smacked Shaggy hairs hand forcing him to remove it from the doorknob with a wince. She twisted the knob and pulled the door open slowly finding the noise it made amusing. She stepped into the dark room and the other two followed.

Kaede looked around at the empty room letting out a sigh of relief when she didn't see anyone waiting inside the room for them. For once she was wrong and she was okay with that. She let Shaggy hair and White Hood walk past her as they too searched the room. The girl was about to leave the room and let the two do their thing when she noticed something out the corner of her eye.

It was a horse mask.

Kaede froze as it slowly stepped out of the shadows. Without so much as a glance in the two guys direction she bolted towards the door with a light 'oh shit' on her way out. Shaggy hair noticed her quick retreat and looked over.

"LOOK OUT!" He shoved White Hood out of the way before throwing himself towards the other side of the room. Shockingly White Hood quickly recovered and pulled the thing he had been charging out of his pocket and shoved it into the attacker's side. It was a tazer. A DIY tazer.

The attacker fell to the floor with a thud. Kaede hesitantly went back into the room. Well, she once again wasn't wrong but at what cost? One day her not being wrong is going to bite her in the ass. She looked down at the horse masked attacker then at White Hoods DIY tazer.