Epilogue 1

(Art by herxina-art on DeviantArt)

TRIGGER WARNING: Sexual innuendos, implication of sexual abuse, mention of lobotomy

But hey, I can't control the urge!

Nobody's gonna blame me for that

-----*-----

Tears don't stop falling as you make your decision. You know you should be happy to have something forcing you to make this choice so you don't have to feel guilty over the repercussions, but... something itching inside your cranium is mourning even before you say the words. "I'll do it, Chris."

Still holding you, Christopher tightens his arms around you in what should've been a comforting hug, but all it did was hurt. "That's great, my dear," he says with a grin. "You'll be safe and happy. I promise it."

"I know, I know..." you hoarsely mutter. "Let's just do it already. I don't want to take any chances for my family."

"Stia, do we have your blessing?" Christopher looks over at the disappointed woman.

"Yes," she says, almost quiet enough to not be heard. But you two did hear her, and it was the last you'd ever hear her once the colors of your world swirled around your pupil, eventually ripping everything apart by the seams.

-----*-----

You're not sure how long it'd been since you'd gotten into this world to never leave. Time is not measurable even by actions because everything you'd done before this game of chess seemed very faint, almost as if it hadn't happened, but you know at least some of them did. All you can truly remember are all the times you'd spent with Christopher in this world, which are innumerable. It's like his world wants you to only think of him...

In any case, you're seriously starting to ponder upon the match of chess that you and Chris are playing. You have been playing for probably hours, even though time counted to nothing here. Never once have you won a match against your darling. You seem to be stuck in a perpetual checkmate.

In the past while, you've started to ponder not only on the inside of the game but on the outside. The checkmate isn't removed once you finish the game, it follows your every move. Christopher played his cards so beautifully that you're now stuck with him. Any further move will lead to getting your most important piece taken away from you. So you've decided to simply not move, not in any significant way.

Your actions out of anger aren't significant anyway, so you quickly stand up from the table and swipe at the chess pieces, knocking them all to the floor. "You fucking bastard," you loudly curse.

"All this because of chess, my dear?" He raises an eyebrow.

"No! You knew exactly what you were doing when you attacked Adres. You knew you'd put me in a horrible, horrible situation, and all this just to get me trapped in your world. I now know what you did, and I was so, so stupid."

"Now you have to pay the price, my dear," he understands, unfazed. "I know you're angry at me, but we literally have eternity here. Your ire will fade, as will your memories of the past, and you'll love me once again. I'm willing to wait."

"I'll never love you," you promise.

"You already do. I can see your thoughts."

"Fuck you. My love is the thing that will fade, not my rage."

"Even so, does it look like I care what you feel? As long as you're with me and are in my world, I can command you to do anything. I already have - you just can't remember. I'm letting your true emotions shine out of the goodness of my heart, my dear."