chapter 12 || he's awake

"Watch out! Get the syringe!" Newt shouted as Alby kept pulling at me closer. I squirmed in his grasp, trying to wriggle myself away from him.

I quickly punctured his skin with the syringe, watching as the blue liquid slowly escaped from the capsule.

"Well, that worked" I said, shaken from what had just happened.

"Okay, from now on someone stays here and watches him around the clock" Newt said with a stern look.

"I'll do it" I said with a sigh, walking over to the chair in the corner.

"We can exchange times, Y/N" Teresa said with a smile. I nodded, watching as they all left the room.

- - - -

"Thomas, don't take out my memories. I need to remember you all" I said to the brunette as I lay down on the metal operating bed.

"I wont..." He replied. I gave him a warm smile.

"Y/N, are you sure you want to go through with this?" He asked, worry laced his voice.

"Yes, I'm sure. I can't just let them suffer. I've studied the maze for weeks. I have it memorized. Just don't take out my memories. Please Thomas. That's all I ask." I pleaded to the boy. He nodded solemnly.

"Is she ready?" A womans voice asked Thomas as she stood at the doorway. 

"Yes, she is" He responded, giving me a quick look.

"Let's start the procedure then"

The first procedure was just to get me tagged, so WCKD could track me in the walls. 

"A14, the Key" I heard a voice boom. My ears seemed to be readjusting to being used again.

"Put her in the cylindor" The same voice repeated. The boy did as he was told as he placed me in the cylindor, my seness were still coming back to me.

As I finished opening my eyes, I looked through the glass window that allowed me to see through. Panic flooded through my body.

"Let me out!" I screamed as I pounded my fists onto the window. "Let me out!"

- - - -

The Key? What was that supposed to mean? I looked around my surroundings, I was still sitting in the chair, Alby still knocked out cold. I headed out the door, It seemed to be early morning. Gosh I slept a lot.

I walked over to the hammocks, all of them were filled except for 4. Minho, Thomas, Newt, and Fry.

Walking closer to the kitchen, I smelled bacon and eggs being made on the stove. I was growing hungrier, not remembering the last time I had eaten anything.

"Morning Y/N" Fry said to me as he flipped over a piece of bacon.

Newts eyes shot up at me, making eye contact with mine before looking back down at his food, not moving his head upward to meet with my gaze. Did I do something? Bringing me out of my trance, Fry shoved a plate of food at me.

"Here, finish it, you haven't eaten since lunch" I nodded, walking over to the table that Minho and them sat at.

"Good morning!" Minho said happily, giving me a side hug.

"Good morning to you too, Minho" I said with a smile. I waved at Thomas, Newt still not looking at me. 

I sighed, continuing to pick up my food and eat it slowly. By the time I had finished, almost everyone woke up.

- - - -

Alby was still unconscious. I couldn't do anything but wait for him to wake up. 

"Hey, the boys are back, do you want me to watch Alby for right now?" Teresa asked as she walked in.

"Oh yeah, thanks!" I said, running out to meet the group of boys. I heard a shout from a british accent.

"What the hells going on out there?" He asked as I came in closer to the group.

"We found something, a new passage. We think it could be a way out of here" He said, catching his breath.

"Really?" I asked in excitement. The boys seemed to have been surprised that I was there, as their bodies jolted a little.

"It's true. I've never seen it before. I think it might be where the Grievers go during the day" Minho added.

"Wait, woah, woah, woah! You're saying you found the Griever's home and you want us to go into it?" Chuck asked, appalled by what he had just heard. I saw out of the corner of my eye a stern look from Gally. His eyebrows furrowed together angrily.

"Yeah, or there could be a dozen Grievers waiting for us on the other side" Gally spat, making room for himself to be infront of Thomas. "The truth is, Thomas doesn't know what he's talking about, as usual"

"Yeah, well atleast I did something, Gally. I mean, what have you done? Aside from sitting behind these walls all the time" Thomas spat back. I looked over to Newt, wondering if we should stop the boys from arguing. He looked back at me, but shook his head no.

"Let me tell you something, Greenie. You've been here 3 days. I've been here 3 years!" Gally yelled. Stepping closer to the brunette and pointing a finger into his chest.

"Yeah! You've been here for 3 years and you still haven't done anything!" Thomas argued, throwing his hands into the air and pushing Gally back a little.

They continued bickering, ignoring everyones complaints about arguing. Teresa came after me, running towards me in a hurry.

"Hey! It's Alby... he's awake" She said into my ear. My eyes widened as I turned to the group of boys.

"Quit it. Alby's awake" I said, running off to the hut with Teresa. 

I walked into the room, not sure of what to expect. Alby sat on the edge of his cot, tears seemed to be streaming down his face as he sat there in silence.

"Has he said anything?" I asked the girl, looking closer at Alby. By now, a few other guys had joined in the room.

"No" She replied, shaking her head. 

"Alby" I said to the boy, slightly shaking him. "Alby"

I looked towards the boys as I got up from kneeling on the floor. Looking for one of them to talk to the dark skinned boy. Thomas made his way infront of the group.

"Hey Alby, we might've just found a way out. Do you hear me? We could be getting out of here" Thomas said reassuringly, giving the boy a smile.

"We can't..." Alby cried. "We can't leave. They won't let us"

"What are you talking about?" I asked, walking behind Thomas.

"I remember..." Alby said.

"What do you remember?" I asked. I was eager for answers.

"You two." Alby pointed at us in between sobs "You guys were always their favorites. Why did you do this? Why did you come here?" He cried. I looked at Thomas, the gears in my mind shifted. Everything seemed to shift at this point.

A boy barged into he room, a torch in hand. 

"Winston, what's going on?" I asked, moving towards the door.

"It's the doors... They aren't closing"

A/N : hi!! i hope you all enjoyed this chapter :) i'm surprisingly making room in my schedule to write all of these! anywho make sure to vote and comment!! mwah i love you and thank you for the reads!