16. Bearer of the Stars

~Yuki POV~

When we got back to the lobby, Elysia told me that she wanted to touch her horns as a condition to bring Mei to the deep end. ,,And Mei really let you do it?" I asked. ,,Of course~" Elysia replied. ,,Elysia..." I warned. ,,Okay, okay. Maybe I had to persuade Mei a little. But now she's on her way with Raven to get to the Deep End,'' Elysia explained. ,,I think Felis said that the Deep End is closed and dangerous. Shouldn't you go with Mei then?" asked Elysia. ,,You should trust Mei more. She is very strong," replied Elysia. ,,I know, but I still worry sometimes. Maybe it's because I'm older or because I think of Mei and our other friends as my family,'' I admitted. ,,Aww... You are so kind-hearted!" Elyisa praised.

,,I heard from Mei that you were in the outside world for the first time only more than a year ago, is that right?'' ,,Yes... Before I came to the school where I met Mei and the others, I was in the headquarters of Schicksal, an organization like Gray Serpent, or in your case, Fire Moth. I was there for over 10 years and was trained to be a Valkyrie. Of course, I volunteered to become one. I don't really remember what happened before that. But the Herrscher gave me a hint when I asked her if she was on our side or the Honkai's side. She would not forgive the Honkai for what it did to me. All I can conclude is that the Honkai must have destroyed my home and Schicksal saved me,'' I replied, folding my hands. ,,Yuki..." muttered Elysia. ,,It's okay. I've accepted it for a long time. Now that I think about it, I must have been an orphan. The overseer couldn't find out anything about me. Still, I am grateful. He took care of me personally even though he could assign someone to do it. His training allowed me to have the opportunity to find friends and family. That is the reason why I followed Mei here. She and the others looked after me, I want to give it back. Even if I had to die for it,'' I continued. Elysia smiled at me. ,,I'm sure Mei and your friends are very proud of you," she said. Smiling, I nodded. ,,I hope so.''

Our conversation was interrupted when Mei followed by Felis came out of the realm and went to Kevin. ,,Has Kevin been here all this time?" I asked uncomfortable. ,,I think so, why? Do you like him?" Elysia answered and I shook my head vigorously. ,,Nope. Not after his current self pointed his fire sword at me or grabbed my wrist and pierced me with his ice-cold stare!" I replied. ,,Well... That's just the way Kevin is. Don't take it to heart," Elysia laughed nervously. ,,Don't worry, I won't. I don't really understand him, but I think that time has changed him, too," I waved off.

Suddenly Felis came to me and pulled me along, thinking Mei wanted to talk to me. Elysia giggled again. ,,Mei Onee-chan, I'm back," Felis said proudly. ,,Thank you Pardo.'' ,,Did something happen in the deep end?" I asked. ,,You could say that. That's one of the reasons why I'm including you. Yuki-chan I want you to accompany me on my next visit." replied Mei. ,,Um... okay?" I agreed, a little confused. ,,Fine. Then Pardo, what was this unique location we visited?" asked Mei, turning to Felis. ,,Unique location? Which one are you talking about? Is it Snakey's surgery center? Su's vegetable garden? Or Kalpas closet?" she replied, and I had to stifle a laugh at the latter. ,,Right. I didn't know that the realm had so many unique locations.... I'm talking about the meadow where I met Kosma. The scenery... was surreal, like a painting,'' Mei explained. 'Seems like I met another flame chaser...' I thought surprised.

,,Oh, that place... If I remember correctly, its name should be in the realm the Dream of the Depicter. It's like a dream filled with weird things that never existed in real life. And the one who created them in paintings is not none other than little Griseo. I don't think you've met her?" asked Felis. ,,No, but you have mentioned this name more than once. A painter... I guess Griseo is a flame chaser. But if this is her studio, why was Kosma there?" answered Mei. ,,Kosma... I think he just doesn't want anyone to interrupt little Griseo. She likes it quiet, especially when painting,'' Felis explained. ,,That's not what we were trying to do. And he didn't bother to explain it," said Mei. 'Somehow I cannot join in the conversation at all...'