32. On the Moon (2)

A/N: Trying to keep up my upload rythm, but it's so freaking warm outside. Also, thanks for the 2k views <3

~Yuki POV~

We were all in position as Dr. MEI had wanted. But I was annoyed that I could not help Kiana. I had explained my situation to Dr. Mei that I could imitate Herrscher powers and maybe serve as a booster for Kiana. But she shook her head and said I should save my strength. Of course I didn't like it, but Dr. MEI told me to be on my guard. As an artificial Herrscher, my powers might have a limit or be otherwise restricted, even as a fully awakened Herrscher. 

But even though I couldn't help Kiana, it didn't mean I couldn't be by her side. Mei and Bronya saw it the same way and we caught up with Kiana. ,,...Kiana-chan. Did something happen?" Mei asked, because Kiana looked as if she had briefly spaced out. ,,I'm fine, Mei-senpai. In the outside world, Durandal caught my Herrscher signal and thus used my Herrscher Core to establish a special communication with me.'' ,,Durandal-san... Is she still at the Schicksal HQ?'' asked Bronya. ,,No. Because of Project Stigma, Durandal, Seele and Li Sushand were forcibly sent to the moon in the real world. Their location on the moon corresponds to ours. There is a large Sanctuary named New Atra there and many Stigma Awakend live there now, filtered and chosen by the World Serpent with this forceful method. Our reconstruction of the bridge affected reality and so, Durandal was able to establisch a short connection with me.'' Kiana explained. 

,,... New Atra? We've heard Raven mention this place, but I'd never thought that it would be on the moon.'' I said thoughtfully. ,,This... Could it be--'' ,,Yes, Kiana-chan. She said that the World Serpent had arranged Sora-chan and the others to have a ''vacation'' at New Atra. ...Do you still remember Sora-chan?'' Mei confirmed. ,,Of course. I ate my fill of the sweet pepper curry you made for them in Nagazora. ..Really. I did quite a number of silly things back then.'' ,,You both did. I hope I never have to see you two fight each other again," I said seriously. ,,You saw us?!" Kiana asked, shocked. ,,Of course I did. I mean, you couldn't be overlooked in the sky," I answered dryly. ,,But we can talk about that later, for now we should see that we leave the sea of Quanta.'' Bronya took my hand and smiled at us. ,,... Let's get back on track.'' 

.

.

.

In the end, Mei and Kiana were the key to escape on this bubble universe. Bronya and I, on the other hand, waited with Dr. MEI for Kiana and Mei to do their thing. ,,Is there any way I can get back to my Herrscher powers?" I asked Dr. MEI. ,,Hmm.... Well, you seem to be a special case. I can't quite describe it, but there's something else different about you. You don't seem to be just a Herrscher, you give off a whole different presence.'' Dr. MEI explained to me. Surprised, I looked at Bronya, who also looked at me in surprise. ,,How about you try to do the same as Kiana and Mei are doing right now, but you look inside yourself? Maybe as an artificial Herrscher you can overcome the restrictions of Project Stigma," Dr. Mei suggested. ,,It would be worth a try.'' ,,I'm sure Yuki Nee-san can do it,'' said Bronya. Inhaling, I sat down and closed my eyes. 

It took a moment to block out everything around me, but in a while I managed. When I opened my eyes again, I found myself on the campus of St. Freya again.... ,,Home..." I murmured. Before I could even take a step forward, a small red light flew past me, almost like a star. It felt like someone was gently pushing me forward. ,,I know... Himeko-sensei. I promised to be there for the others...'' I continued walking. Until I reached the end of the campus. My surroundings changed and I found myself in my favorite place in the Elysian Realm. The big tree with the yellow golden leaves was in front of me and as always a light breeze was blowing. 

In front of me again appear small lights that looked like stars. One was pink, one golden, one turquoise and one red orange which resembled a flame. They all flew ahead as if to guide me. I followed them, but eventually they disappeared and out of the darkness came another light. It was white, but occasionally sparkled in a soft light blue. Kasane!" I gasped. As if the light had heard me, it flinched and flew away. Wait! I tried to catch up. But the light was faster. Only when my surroundings changed again did I realize where I was. ,,Heh... So this is the last stop. The place where my life began,'' I laughed a bit bitterly as I entered the orphanage.