Chapter 15

Their leader stood beside me now, talking into the com device. "You hear me, Sully? Yeah, I think you do," He paused and looked down at the three of us. "Your boy didn't have to die Jake. You did that to yourself. Now, I have your daughters, and I'm sure you don't want them to suffer the same fate. Now is your chance, give yourself up." Once he finished talking, he looked at his men and told them to be ready for anything. It was a matter of seconds before one of the other demons said to him that dad was on his way. I looked at my sisters to see that Tuk was sobbing, terrified for our brothers and us. Kiri tried her best to console her, but she was just as upset. I looked around quickly, trying to find something, anything, that would set us free. But there was nothing. We were just going to have to wait for mom and dad. 

After a few minutes of everyone being on high alert, I heard a familiar voice call out, "GET DOWN!" Dad. Seconds later, there was a loud explosion that knocked everyone around us off their feet. Gunfire sang throughout the air, as well as the screams of the dying demons. As the shots grew nearer, to the point of being too close for comfort, I did my best to shield Tuk from any stray bullets. Their leader stayed close to us, trying to make sure that mom or dad wouldn't be able to sneak their way around. Not that they would bother doing it anyway. Moments later, I heard something whip through the air and land in a man's chest cavity. He fell to the ground, and the leader turned quickly, looking at the arrow that stood in his friend's chest. "It's mom!" Tuk called out happily. I looked at their leader now, who was almost frozen with fear. I saw this as an opportunity. "That's right. You know that arrow don't you? They are coming for you," I smiled, and when the man hissed at me, I hissed back along with Tuk. 

The man walked over to us all and took a look as if he was deciding which one to grab. Kiri tugged on her handcuffs trying to get away, along with Tuk. But I stood there, glaring up at the alien. I guess he saw that as an invite because he stomped over, cut my handcuffs from the railing, and dragged me off around a corner leaving my sisters screaming. I fought his grip until he put a knife to my throat, "Keep fighting me, and I won't hesitate to go out there and kill your sisters." I knew he wasn't lying, so I stayed still, "Alright. As long as you know you're a dead man anyway." He pressed the knife harder against my neck, telling me to stop talking. 

I heard Tuk whispering to someone, and instantly knew it was dad. Unfortunately for me, so did the leader. Once he was sure that it was dad, he rounded the corner with me in front of him, with his knife still pressed against my throat. I saw dad growl in frustration as he kept Tuk and Kiri behind him. "Stand down Sully. Or I swear I'll slit her throat." 

"Nelyia!" Tuk cried as Kiri held her back. Dad went to lunge at the man but stopped when he made a cut on my neck, not a deep one, just one big enough to show that he was serious. I winced and tried to fight the man's grip again, "Don't test me!" He yelled into my ear causing me to stop. "Just kill him, dad!" I yelled back. From behind me, he threw down another pair of handcuffs toward dad's feet. "Put down your weapons, handcuff yourself, and I'll let her go." 

"Don't dad! Just kill him!" I tried again. My heart dropped when he bent down and picked up the cuffs and slapped it on his own wrist, "You son of a bitch. Let her go." 

The man froze, looked down at me, and shook his head, "No, no I don't think I will. You killed good men, good women. You betrayed your own!"

"The children had nothing to do with it! Alright, they have nothing to do with any of it! Let them go, and you and I can settle it like men." 

There was a sound from behind us that startled the man. He quickly turned around and saw that mom had been sneaking up behind him, with her bow drawn, and an arrow ready to fly. "Now now Mrs. Sully. If you're not careful it won't be just me that you kill with that arrow," I could hear the smile on his face, and it sent chills all over my body. "Demon," Mom spat at him and dropped the bow. "No," I whispered softly. This couldn't be happening. They couldn't be giving up, they had to keep fighting. "That's right. Now, here's what's going to happen," he started, but was cut off. 

His knife was ripped away from my neck, making a bigger cut this time, but his grip remained firm on my arm. When I turned to see what was going on, I couldn't help but be relieved. Neteyam. He had his arms wrapped around the man's neck, squeezing tightly, and Lo'ak was coming to grab me from the man. He grabbed the arm that the alien was holding, broke his grasp, and pulled away. Unfortunately, the man had swung his knife in that second and carved a gash into my side. 

I screamed, dropping to the ground as the man's body went limp in Neteyam's arms, and I watched him throw his body into the water. I was breathing heavily now, holding my hand to my side, gasping for air. Dad was beside me in seconds, and then everything went black. 

~~~~~~~
A.N

Hey everyone! Sorry for the late post today, I had to work and then I watched Avatar again. Much like the rest of you, I didn't want Neteyam to die. Or Lo'ak. So, in my happy little story where we get what we want, they stay alive. THIS IS NOT THE END. Stick around, because I do plan to continue the story. If you have ideas for what I could do later on, PLEASE feel free to leave a comment!!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!