Chapter 16

I woke up to a room full of people. My family surrounded me, as well as Ronal with all of her medical equipment. The events of the past few days come rushing back to me, and my breathing picked up before I shot up and winced feeling a sharp pain in my side. "Woah, hey easy!" Dad was next to me with his hand on my shoulder gently trying to push me back down. "Dad, who got shot? The men... they said one of you got shot!" I looked at him and felt the tears filling my eyes, both out of pain and from fear. "Take it easy, everyone is fine. Look around, we're all fine," He let go of my shoulder and gestured around me. I looked around, seeing Tuk, Kiri, Lo'ak, Neteyam, and mom. They were all fine. Tuk was holding my hand close to her face, and the rest of them were all smiling at me. But I could see that they had been crying. 

"I don't understand... What happened?" 

"The bullet just grazed me," Neteyam turned around and showed me the bandage across his back. "They must have had a bad vantage point if they thought it got me." He smiled as he turned back around. "We're all alright baby sister." I sighed a heavy breath and laid back down, feeling again as my wounds shifted. I glanced down seeing a lot of towels and rags covered in blood, and a gash on my side. "Who's the mighty warrior now?" I chuckled a bit looking over at my brothers again who were both chuckling. "I'll let you take that title for now, Nelyia," Lo'ak walked over putting his hand on my head. 

"You will need much rest before you start feeling back to normal," Ronal spoke softly as she gathered her supplies and walked out of the hut to talk to mom. I looked back at dad, who was looking at the ground now. 

"So, is it over now? Is that guy dead?" 

He looked up at me and shook his head, "We aren't sure. Once we got you back here I went back out to see if I could find his body. I never found it," He sighed and adjusted his stance, "All that matters to me now is that you're all alright." He put his hand on Lo'ak and Neteyam's backs and looked at Tuk and Kiri. "Get some rest. All of you, he stood up and walked out of the hut, joining mom and Ronal. 

Tuk, without a moment's hesitation, scootched closer to my body, careful to not touch the wound on my side, and laid down next to me. I smiled a bit as she got comfortable, "Sweet Tuk," I whispered under my breath. Neteyam and Lo'ak lay where they were, Neteyam beside me, and Lo'ak beside him. Kiri was the last one to lie down with a sigh. Under her breath, I heard her whisper, "Thank you Great Mother." And with that, we all fell asleep. 

****

JAKE'S POV

After a few minutes, I looked back into the hut and saw the kids all laying together. It was at that moment that I realized how long it had been since I saw all of them getting along, and acting like a family. It broke my heart that it took a war to get them to that point. I snapped my head back when I heard Neytiri calling my name. "My Jake," She was looking at me with curious and worry-filled eyes. I shook my head slowly and dismissed her worries, "They're fine, sleeping." I turned my head to Ronal and Tonowari who stood in front of me. 

"Thank you, for all your help. And I'm sorry for bringing our war here to you. My family and I will head out once my daughter is feeling better." The two shared a glance at one another before turning back to my mate and me. I could see Tonowari glance into the hut seeing the children. "Jake Sully, you helped us save our children, and our brothers and sister Tulkun. You are welcome to stay here and be Metkayina people. If you leave, you, and your family, will be welcome at any time." I smiled a bit and nodded a 'thank you' to them both. 

With that, the clan leaders took their leave, and Neyriti and I walked into our hut. Without a word, we both walked closer to the kids and lay down next to them. Nelyia had a long road ahead of her, but I knew that with her siblings there to help her, she would get better in no time. Soon, we would be able to go back to the forest, and she would finally be ready to get her Ikran.

~~~~~~

A.N

Hey everyone! I saw a comment that someone wanted to see a chapter with another point of view, so I decided to throw a bit in here at the end. Once again, THANK YOU for all of the love that has been shown to this series! See you all in the next chapter!