Chapter 16

Jimin bid goodbye to Hoseok as he stepped inside his house. He for sure had a great night, with the person that he truly loves. He still have a smile on his face when he got into his house, but a phone call from his mother was enough to wipe the smile off his face.

He accepted his mother call. "Hey mom." He greeeted softly. He sat down on the couch, letting his body sinks inside the soft cushion.

"Minnie, how are you doing recently?"

"It's okay I guess." He replied, "What about you, mom?"

"Good as usual, Minnie."

Jimin was greeted with silence after that. He knew his mom have something to tell him, or more like request him. He sighed loudly, "Mom, if you call me just to stay silent, I'll cut off the call now-" "No Jiminie!"

Jimin heard his mother cleared her throat on the other line. "Minnie, it's been a while since you and Jungkook visit us. I was wondering if you guys can have a dinner in my house next Sunday?"

Jimin let out a soft groan. "Mom, please, I wasn't comfortable with having dinner with Jungkook, let alone having dinner along with you and dad!"

"Jiminie, try to understand, we're doing this to let you have bonding time with Kookie-" "And you know I don't like this mom!" He cuts off his mother's sentence, raising his voice up.

He sighed loudly when he realised himself had gotten mad again. "Mom, I'm sorry for yelling at you. But you need to know, from the first moment Jeon Jungkook agreed with this marriage, he's no longer the Jeon Jungkook I know anymore. Jungkook and I will never love each other. I hate this marriage so much." He muttered, "And I don't understand why you want us to get married so bad."

"Honey, you know Jungkook doesn't have good parents. Everyone with functioning eyes can see how badly his parents treats him. And Jungkook, he's such a sweetheart, baby." Mrs Park said with a almost crying voice, "Kookie is the kindest, sweetest and selfless person I've ever met in my life! I want you to marry him because I know you will protect him and give him a good life, give him the love that he deserves."

Jimin felt something or someone was squeezing his heart as he listened to his mother statement. His mother was right, Jungkook indeed is a sweetheart, Jimin once had a really good friendship with him before.

But everything ends when Jungkook signed the marriage paper.

"I guess you trusted the wrong person, mom." Jimin said softly, in a broken voice, "I didn't give him a good life."

"What do you mean Jiminie?"

Jimin wasn't able to answer the question. Is he going to say he cheated behind Jungkook? He pursed his lips, fingers clutching his phone so tightly until his knuckles turned white.

"Nothing, mom." Jimin lied, "We will go for the dinner."

He needs some time to prepare himself before confessing to his mother.

"That's great! Tell Jungkook I miss him! Love you so much, Minnie. You're such a great son to me." His mother said before hung up the call.

Jimin's phone slipped out from his grip, landing on the soft couch and bounced. He felt guilt eating him up for cheating behind Jungkook, yet he doesn't want to stop his relationship with Hoseok.

He rubbed his face with his palm. He felt coldness on his cheek when one ring on his ring finger rubbed against it.

He stared at the ring that was gifted by Hoseok.

"Sign the divorce paper, sweetheart. I can't wait to marry you and make you my husband."

Hoseok's voice surrounded his ears. He let out a groan, tilting his head back and leaned against the couch for support.

"This is so annoying." He muttered.

🌹🌹🌹

"Thank you for the ride, ahjussi!" Jungkook thanked the male, waving his hands a little.

"You're welcome, baby." Taehyung said, a small smile decorated on his face. "So... I wish I could have breakfast from you like usual."

"Sure! Goodbye ahjussi!" Jungkook said as he turned around and headed towards his house. He opened the gate, realised it was unlocked.

Which means, Jimin is in the house.

Jungkook sighed a little. He doesn't want to see his husband at this moment, but he doesn't want to burden Taehyung anymore. He was sure Taehyung isn't planning to leave until he saw the boy gets inside the house.

Jungkook walked inside after taking a deep breath. He twisted opened the doorknob and stepped inside. He took off his shoes, putting them in the corner.

As he walked further and reached the living room, he found Jimin sitting on the couch. Jungkook pursed his lips, debating whether he should greet him or just walk away.

Jungkook made a decision in his mind. He choose to walk away.

"Jungkook."

Jungkook's feet stopped moving once he heard Jimin's voice. "Yes?" He asked without turning around and face the male.

"I'm sorry." Jimin said.

Well, Jungkook really didn't expect that. He heard Jimin standing up from the couch, getting closer to him.

Jungkook gasped out in shock when Jimin grabbed his wrist, in the most gentle way, well not as gentle as Taehyung's hold though.

"Forgive me. I didn't mean to throw away all your crocheted stuffs." Jimin muttered. His eyes darting here and there, doesn't want to make eye contact with Jungkook.

Jungkook didn't respond upon Jimin's apology. "I need to get ready for work." He said, telling Jimin to let go of his hand in an indirect way.

"O-Oh..." Jimin let Jungkook's wrist go. "I had a call with my mom just now. She asked us to have dinner with her next Sunday. I already agreed with that. Is it okay for you?"

Jungkook nodded his head. He appreciated how Jimin informed him beforehand. He was confused by the sudden change of attitude of Jimin, but he kind of like it.

It's like they were back to old days, where him and Jimin promised each other they will be best friend forever.

"Great." Jimin said, smiling widely until his eyes turned into crescent shape.

Jungkook felt warmth in his chest. He missed Jimin's smile so much. A smile formed in the face unknowingly. "I'll get ready for work first."

"Sure." Jimin replied shortly.