☆ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ☆

It was a dark and rainy night. You were six years old when your only father kicked you out of his mansion because you were...different. Your father was a famous man who was gloating to other people about how rich and powerful he was. 

You were sad and confused about why you were treated differently than before. Your father was a decent human being before your mother disappeared.  You were walking in puddles for an hour on end.  That is until you see a bright light of a black limo that almost went passed you. It stopped and the back door opened. Out came a man in a red suit and silver hair while having an umbrella above his head.  "Why, it's a child." He said. You were scared and backed up a few steps.

You didn't know what to do, you were just a child that had no education about what's possible.  You flinched when the man approached you, but nothing happened. Instead he just put the umbrella over you.  That signaled your stomach to growl and the man made an 'awe' facial expression.

Realization hits you in the head.  This man in front of you was going to be your adopted father.  "Come along, child. Let's go get something to eat." He said as you nodded.  You were afraid because you were going into his limo. But he lifted you and puts you inside.  "Driver, to the home please." He said and off we went.

As you were riding to the man's home. You were fidgeting your fingers with the feeling of nervousness rising in your body. The silence was broken by the man in red. "So, What is your name child?" He asked and his lip curled at the thought of his question. "It's okay, you don't have to answer." He said and started to search through his pockets.

He then found a notepad and pen. "Maybe you can write it out?" He obliged.  You took the pen and notepad and started to write out your name '(y/n)' onto the paper and gave it back to him.  "What a lovely name you have." He started. "My name is Maximilian Pegasus. " you were astounded by such a long name.  It was now your turn to make an 'awe' face and Pegasus just laughs it off.

You were now on the fiery to the place and you were looking out in the window that the waters were glowing in a blue highlight. To you, it was magical and beautiful. Pegasus was looking at you as if he saw someone that he knows in his own life.

You and Pegasus were at the place and it was huge and beautiful as if you were seeing it as a palace. "Let's get you out of those wet clothes, shall we?" He said. You nodded and went into the palace.

This is my home now.

10 years went by. You were now sixteen years old and was laying on your feather-like bed. You hear a knock on your door and you wake up slowly. Croquet walks in. "Hey, time to wake up and smell the coffee. Your father is waiting for you downstairs" he said and you just gave him a thumbs up. You rub your eyes and got up. You went to your curtains and opened them. Blinding as it was, it woke you up in an instant.

You got dressed in a casual and comfy outfit while putting your hair up. You went out of the door and went to see Pegasus in the dining hall. You see him, closed-eyed while in a resting position in his seat. He opened his eye and smiled. "Ah, (y/n) my dear. Have a seat and have breakfast." He said as you smiled and sat next to him.

Over the years, Pegasus had a sign language tutor so that way it would have less paper involved.  You smiled to yourself at the thought while looking at Pegasus. "So, how did you sleep?" He asked.  'Pretty decent, I had a nightmare about the past.' You signed with your hands. Pegasus did his famous 'awe' facial expressions. "Oh, was it about him?" He asked and you nodded. "I'm so sorry, (y/n) dear." He said. You shook your head and signed 'it's okay, dad.' with your hands. He just nodded and started eating while smiling when you said, dad.

After you were done eating, Pegasus puts his hands together on the table and looked serious.       "(y/n), you know how much I love you." He started. You looked up at him in curiosity while he was speaking. "And I think it's time to give you this." He says as he was giving you two wrapped gifts. "go ahead and open them, sweetheart." He said and you started to unwrap them.

Once you saw the first gift, it was a deck of cards. "I made those, especially for you." You look through the cards and it was a (Y/d) of the deck. You smiled and signed 'thank you'. You opened up the second gift and it was a magenta glove with a metal rim around the wrist with star molds.  

You looked at Pegasus again. 'Are you putting me in your tournament, Dad?' You signed with your hands and he nodded. "I know how much you wanted to be in it and test out your skills as a duelist. So, (y/n) dear, what do you say?" He asked. You smiled so big while getting up and hugging him tightly. "You're very welcome," He said. 

As you were hugging, Pegasus had a sly eye with a frown that said something else. But he quickly puts on a smile and lets you go to your room while preparing yourself for the tournament.  Croquet came in and was now speaking to Pegasus. To you, it was just
'Business talk' but to them, it was something else completely.