Cracks In The Darkness

It's been about 2 days since Tanjiro, Zeintsu, Inouske, and Uzui left for Yoshiwara. I wanted to keep my eyes on Tanjiro, but I now have bigger problems.

"Tsu!" I heard a familiar voice chime.

Snapping back to reality I saw a familiar face in front of me. It was Shinobu who seemed to be in a very good mood today. "She has the keys to my estate but she could at least knock" I sighed.

"What's up" I inquired. My voice slightly wavered.

"Let's go on a vacation."

"A what?!"

"Listen, I know you're worried about Uzui and don't trust Tanjiro; however, it's not a good idea to just spend your time stuck up in this room."

"So you want to go on a honeymoon with me" I joked.

"If that's how you want to phrase it" Shinobu huffed.

Maybe this would be a good idea to get my mind off of those four. The more I think about them it's going to distract me from being able to get anything done. I still will handle Tanjiro when the opportunity presents itself. Right now isn't the best time to do it though.

"So where are we going to go?" I asked.

"Hot Springs!"
_______________________________________________________________________________

This Hot Springs idea may be one of the worst ideas Shinobu had in a while.

"Tsukino, Yumestsuki" A tall pale man with long pointed nails accompanied by his eyes which glowed with all the colors of the rainbow called my name out.

Sensing his aura I knew he was a demon very high in strength. By far the strongest one I have had to deal with.

After spending the day with Shinobu at the hot springs we began to head back to the Moonlight Estate, but as we headed back I detected a Strong Demon presence in a village we passed.

"Shinobu, Get behind me." I whipped my head back to Shinobu who had disappeared from her spot next to me.

"What?"

"DOMA!" I heard a screech and turned to see Shinobu rushing into the Demon head-on.

"Shinobu. what are you doing!" I Forced my body to move as fast as possible and I reached the demon before she did.

The demon looked almost startled by my speed as he whipped out two fans.

"Blood Demon Art: Frozen Lotus!" The demon swung his fan forward and created a fan slash that sent multiple ice shards and ice lotuses in Shinobu's and I's direction. Noticing the danger I kicked Shinobu to the side and decided to take the attack head-on.

"Moonlight Breathing 2nd Form: Forbidden Moon Eclipse!"

Sending my strongest sword wave possible toward him. My sword slash was unable to break through all of the ice. I strained my eyes to look into the transparent world and looked for gaps between the ice shards. Maneuvering my way through the remaining Ice Shards I got through to the storm of Ice and was now face to face with the Demon.

I took a deep breath to try to perform another breathing technique. I felt my lungs coiling, freezing, and screaming at my body to stop, but I refused to.

"Midnight Breathing 1st Form: Lucifer's Waltz"

The area around me and the demon turned pitch black and I felt the demon's bloodlust increase to the point where I lost my ability to see into the transparent world.