Chapter 3

Annette 

                                                  Annette 

The drink's hit me all at once. We had about four or five after the tab was opened and we danced every chance we got. Alyx, or Al as she goes by loves to dance and flirt...epically with Del. We found out the Al also likes girls so Del had a blast with her, I however stayed by the pool tables and dart board and hustled some free drinks. You see when I was around the age of 18 I fell for a military guy who was a sweet talker and a great actor. We moved in together with his buddies who were also serving with him, a cute little house but sad to say some shit happened that I would prefer to not remember but the point was I learned how to play pool like a pro thanks to my Ex's best friend Jimi Trevelyan. I always had a thing for Trev after he treated me like how my ex should have but it felt wrong to try and go after him due to them being friends. Next thing I knew I was married  to my ex and hating life, Always finding a way to get away with Trev or Del at the time. The day the divorce went through a weight was lifted from my shoulders and after that I stopped dating. 

I was bettin this group of cowboy's that if I won this next round they had to buy me a round and a dance but the feeling of eyes on me was still a heavy feeling. Looking around I finally spot the cute bartender watching closely, I shake the feeling off hoping he would get the hint and stop but he just kept watching while making drinks so I played it to my advantage . Teasing with every bit of liquid courage I had left, I made sure to arch my back just enough and stick my hip out to the side a bit while playing just to see if that would get him to look away....it did the just that. Shaking my head I ended the game and walked up to the bar the cowboy I played against, whose name I think was Rhett, to get my free drink and then a nice dance "Hi can I get a BJ shot?" I asked throwing on my best innocent voice I could because my goal at the end of the night was to get this guy to crack and to figure out what it was about me that kept him starin "Come on little lady let go dance before they play that city shit again" Rhett called out over the music that got louder with ever second I watched the bartender. After he put if down I took that shot like a champ making sure to lick the glass and hand it back, the look in his eye was dark and intriguing "thanks bartender" I smiled and walked off with Rhett. While dancing with Rhett my mind wondered...Where was this sexiness coming from?.....why did I want to mess with this guy? Who was I tonight? after the dance Rhett gave me his number and smiled walking off making me looking around for Del and her new Flavor Al. 

I look at my phone rolling my eye's 'Don't expect me home tonight Al is taking me to her place' read the glowing text making me look up. Rhett had already gone and the bar was starting to close so collecting my jacket from coat check and walked out to my truck, getting in a take a minute to warm it up and turn my music on. Looking around it's just me in the parking lot now and I take this minute to collect my thought's and just enjoy the peace...until there is a tap on my window "ma'am? are you okay?" rolling down the window I notice it's the bartender who was helping us and was Al's friends and my god was he good lookin "Ya I am fine just seeing if I am good enough to drive or sleep in my car tonight" I respond in a soft voice smiling at him. He nodded and looked around "Alright, have a good night" he responded in a monotone voice, he started to walk away but the question flew out before I could stop and filter it "Hey why were you watching me all night?" I jumped out of my truck and look at him putting my hand on my hip and with that it made him stop and turn to me "I can't look at a women who knows how to hustle in the bar and dance?" he asked now walking slowly towards me, his eyes traveling up and down my body "Well I mean...I-I" I try to figure something sarcastic to throw back but nothing came to mind as he got closer "Got to make sure my customers are safe and not getting used" his eye contact is intense and his 6'1 self looking down at my 5'3 short ass self. I try to back up but the truck stops me and so my next bright idea is avoiding eye contact "You know if its not good manners to look away from someone who is talking to you" he comments with a low voice and a hint of amusement "it's also not nice to stare!" I comment with a light blush and the courage the drinks gave me melting away under the heat of his eyes.

With that his smirk grown "well shug maybe next time don't tease" he growled out in a low comment and with that he turns and walks to his car "See you around Fun size" he yelled back to me "I have a name!" I resort back trying to get the last word "Then next time say it" his fuckin smirk still plastered on his face. I get in my truck now sober enough to think clear and drive "the nerve" I whisper out as I hear his nice car pull out and drive away. With that I drive home and send the babysitter home with her pay and with Psy in her bed, I get coffee ready before hand and change into my oversized Harley shirt and nothing else throwing my dirty clothing in to the basket. I lay there thinking about him...the way he could easily make me stutter and go weak in the knees by just his words was shocking and scared the shit out of me, and the smell of his cologne and his muscles...I needed to stop and sleep before things got to steamy in my room that night.

The next morning I woke up to an alarm I had set so I could wake Psy up and feed her and make breakfast with coffee so that when Del got home she could have something in her stomach cause if she is as bad as I was her hangover was one of the seven levels of hell. I made the eggs and bacon with some toast and made a cup for her just as she walked in the door lookin a hot mess. Both Psy and I giggle at her face smeared with makeup and hair a mess doing the walk of shame to her room "Breakfast is ready and your coffee is on the counter I yell out smiling while sipping mine. Thank god for headache meds cause I was feeling better after taking some, while feeding Psy Del walk's out of her room in her pj's a towel around her hair and a clean face, she takes some headache meds with her coffee and turns to us "I have found something out about myself" she sates in a confused way "I like girls...not just girls though....I think I like Al" she looks around avoiding eye contact know damn well the look on my face "babes, be carful and take your time" I commented picking up the dirty plates and cup, gently setting them in the sink to wash later "You couldn't have fallen for someone with a nicer BFF" I asked looking at her "What do you mean? the bartender?" she sits down next to Psy and I just nod "Ann he was not mean, according to Al that's just how he is...24/7" she sits the cup down "why? what happen?" I laugh a bit "Nothing just...How was Al? good enough to please the picky Deloris?" I ask avoiding the topic of last night. The idea of talking about what I had felt would make it real and I don't have time for feelings as such "Um duh I think I am gay for Al" she nods with the smile of a teenage boy who just got his first boob touch at the dance. I laugh and head to my room "By the way! Al and her friend are coming over Miss Anti social!" Del screams up to my room and I freeze...No...nooooo....nooooooo why? why are they coming over? why did he have to come over? I walk around my room thinking of ways to avoid going down stairs but time is not on my side today cause I hear his car pull up.

I hear from the kitchen by the stairs to the upstairs where my room is "Hey guys welcome welcome, I don't Know if Annette will be hanging out she has a lot of work for her blog" Del covers for my absents like a champ. I silently thank her and head to the bathroom to take a shower, Putting on some Jelly roll one of my fav artist and changing the color of my lights to a blue and purple combo to help with my head. While singing to myself and just relaxing in the shower I hear footsteps upstairs, they keep getting louder as they get closer to the bathroom making me hold my breath but they soon walk back to the stairs. I get out and wrap the towel around me and I open the door to make my quick escape to my room to change and hide but just as I am about to leave I open the door and boom he's right there leaning on the wall smirking "Jelly roll huh?" he comments on the music still playing "Didn't know that you had that good of music taste, although Stell Mathew is better when it comes to more alt country" he shrug's and I am just chocked because this man is talking to me like I'm not in only a tiny towel leaving little to the imagination "May I help you?" I squeak out trying to cover myself a bit more "Nope just waiting to use the bathroom" he smirks at my blushing cheeks so i move out and to my bathroom "Nice voice princesses....and Ass" he comments making me blush a darker red.

God, What and Asshole.