Chapter 20

Today, was the day I was finally going to talk to him...my boy next door. I was excited and kinda nervous too. I took steps towards his front door and ringed the bell. No response. I tried again. Still the same.

''Who are you looking for young guy?'' I heard a voice behind me. I turned to see an old man watering the plants.

''Huh?''

''I asked...who are you looking for?''

''Oh...I want to meet the residents of this house.''

''They've left.''

Two words and my whole world crashed down.

''WHAT?''

''Calm down kid, the people who lived here left a few days ago. I was assigned to clean this house and maintain it until someone else buys this.'' the man explained.

''Oh and by the way...are you a friend of the guy who used to live here?''

''Why?''

''He left his book...or diary here. Keep it with you and give it if he ever returns.'' the man said while handing Jungkook a deep grey diary.

With a heavy heart...Jungkook came back to his house. He looked at the diary and thought to read what's inside it. He knew it's wrong but curiosity took over him.

''In the end...the guy I liked didn't even knew a person like me existed.'' Jungkook thought as he sighed and opened the diary.

''Huh? What's this?'' Jungkook whispered as a small picture peeped out through the first page. He took it out slowly and was shocked at what he saw.

''What's my picture doing in his diary? I don't even remember taking this picture

''What's my picture doing in his diary? I don't even remember taking this picture.'' Jungkook whispered to himself as he started reading the pages.

Each and every page of this next door boy's diary was about Jungkook.

''Does that mean...he knew about my stalking and everything?'' Jungkook thought as he read on further. At last he came to the last page of the diary.

''Dear diary,

I got my medical report a few days ago...and the doctor said that there's a little bit improvement in my heart's condition. Maybe it's because of my favourite person. I don't even know his name and I've fallen for him. But who wouldn't...he's just so cute and irresistible. His cute bunny smile is...just woah. 

But...looks like life doesn't want me to be with him. The doctor told me that I've got just a week or two to live unless I get the surgery done...which has only 5 percent chances of me making it out alive. 

But it's alright. I'm happy that I at least got to live this long. Although I'm kinda disappointed that I wouldn't get to be with my bunny boy. I bet he doesn't even know I exist. Anyway...I'm gonna leave this place tomorrow...

I'm gonna miss my bunny boy a lot. Probably more than anyone else. I hope we get to be together at least in our next life. If I ever find you, then I'm never gonna let you go...it's my promise. Until then, take care of yourself and find yourself a better man who can take care of you. If I see him hurting you, I swear I'll come as a ghost and haunt him for the rest of his life. Maybe I can't be with you physically, but my heart and soul will always belong to you.

Kim Taehyung.''

''I guess I've lost the boy next door...maybe forever.'' Jungkook said with tears in his eyes.

THE END.

Thank you so much for reading this story.