Chapter 5

George POV

I look at myself in my bathroom mirror, debating if I should really go to this even though Jack had already texted me he had left. Like I said to Dream these type of things are not my scene, especially during the times I should be preparing for a case. Nonetheless the events of today had completely throw me off guard and I would like to forget them.

Not only do I now hate Dream, I am also scared of him and his impulsive decisions.

Why couldn't he have clued me in on his plan? It's not like I couldn't have acted scared just so I could have avoided the panic attack I endured for his little antics.

I sigh and check my phone anxiously awaiting the text from Jack to signify he has arrived.

I don't plan on getting drunk or anything, maybe a drink or two just to take the edge off of the stress I endured today, but nothing crazy.

Also since I didn't get a break between cases, I deserve to go out at least one night. It's not like I am behind on my tasks or anything I had still obtained my objective of retrieving the camera footage.

So I fix up the remaining parts of my fly aways, and admire myself one last time before I leave the washroom.

I decided to wear a black nike long sleeve, a Gucci belt so people know I got money but it being subtle, black loose jeans and air forces.

A few minutes later Jack finally arrives. I quickly spray some last minute cologne so it lasts longer and head out to his car.

I make eye contact with him through his windshield and he greats me with a bright smile. Jack is always in the best mood, and it does help lift me up when I need it.

I get in his car and he engulfs me in a huge bear hug, "George!" he exclaims and I can't help but smile at the affection.

"Hey Jack" I greet softly.

He pulls away, still smiling goofily, "it's been awhile! I'm surprised you actually agreed to come out"

"Me too honestly" I breath out and go to put my seat belt on, "but it's been a long day"

"Oh tell me about it, you should hear what happened in court today" he puts the car in reverse and we start heading towards the venue.

He rambles on about his day at work today and how he got the person on trial to plead guilty since he is a not the defendant. I've never had to do a case against him and i'd rather not have to since he is also very good at his job and tough to compete against.

As much as I love a challenge I do hate going against people that are my friends. Or should I say closer colleagues.

We drive in the direction of downtown and I realize I actually have no idea where we are heading. "So where are we going exactly?" I speak up after a few minutes of silence, or more like just listening to Jack sing loudly in the wrong tune to a Rihanna song.

"Oh it's some really nice bar downtown" he answers putting the music down slightly.

"Why a bar?"

"Well it's kind of like a club, but I know Steve was calling around places to host it and the owner gave us a great deal here" he explains. Steve is our boss.

"The owner?" I question, a little surprised that the owner would be the one to pick up the call rather than a manager.

"Yeah, Steve put our information down with a worker and he called back this afternoon"

"Weird" I say under my breath and look out the window.

"It's called Dreamers Place"

I feel my heart drop at the mention of the name. Why would Dream so badly want to host our event, knowing so many lawyers will be there in his bar.