in memory of..

song: stay with me - Sam Smith

(still in the past)

We all gasp.

An awkward moment of silence passed for a few seconds. I just stood there looking at Belly in disbelief. How could my own sister do this to me?
I've been there whenever she's needed me, I considered her as one of my closest friends. But now it was all a lie, she was a lie. mostly he was a lie.

"What is up with today?" I laugh. I couldn't stop laughing, I think this was my reaction, in shock.
I collapse on the floor from lagging so hard. "Belly and Conrad broke up! Susannah's cancer is back! My sister is a backstabbing slut who has been fucking my boyfriend, AND JEREMIAH IS NOWHERE TO BE SEEN!" I struggle getting up because of the laughter.

Conrad starts snickering too. "This is funny to you guys?" belly snarled.
"Belly go to your room, you've already done enough" mom said. Surprisingly belly listened.

"Oh my GOD DOES YOUR DAD KNOW?" I turn to Conrad who is still laughing. He stops laughing and pauses. "Yeah, he does" he sighs.
"What the fuck is wrong with you people" Steven says walking into his room.

6 Months later

Todays the day. The day we say goodbye forever, the day everything changes. I spent the night with Conrad to help him prepare for today, I know it's gonna be extremely harder on him and Jeremiah then anyone else. Today we have to go to cousins to scatter Susannah's ashes.

"Hey baby can you help me with my tie?" Conrad ask standing behind me. "of course." I turn around. I go to grab his tie and see that it's all in a mess.

"What would you do without me?" I laugh. "I honestly don't know." he smiles with his face all puffy and read from crying. "Done!" I kiss him on the cheek.

"Taylor, Cam and Paisley are going to meet us there." I wipe the lipstick off his cheek. "okay" he says. "Let's get going" he grabs his keys.

We go outside to the car, he walks to my side and opens the door. "Thank you" I say. "mhm of course." That's what I love about Susannah, she raised both of her sons to treat women right.

"Have you talked to Jeremiah?" I ask him. "No, not since belly's debutant ball."
"That's the last time I talked to either of them too" I add.

We got to Cousins after a long drive, goodness i've missed this place. The salty smell in the moist air, the hot weather, and the beach. So many happy, and terrifying memories here.

There was one car in the driveway, my moms. Conrad parks the car beside moms and sighs. He leans his head back and closes his eyes.
"I'm not ready."
"nobody is." i say.

"I was thinking maybe we could stay here tonight, i know you didn't pack any clothes but maybe you have some in your room here?"
"yeah i'm sure i do" i say.

He turns the car off and gets out, he walks around to open my door. "Let's go see Laurel" he says.

We walk to the door but stop on the porch. "time to fake this." he sighs. "It's for the best" i remind him. We decided that we weren't going to tell anyone about our 'situation-ship' I think this is what this is, I don't think we're dating just yet, sure we hook up and go on dates, but we haven't made it official. yet.

The door swings open. "Rose" It was my mother, Her eyes were also puffy. She wraps her arms around me tight. "Hey mom." i hug her back.