PROLOUGE

Sparks flashed... The crowds cheering, never ending, booming loud all around. The swift feet of a child rushed towards her enemy, and jaggedly cut the head off the monster with her claws. "YET ANOTHER WIN!! LAST ROUND EVERYBODY!" Roaring yells and laughs loud to the child. They wanted more bloodshed, but the girl felt as if she could collapse. Her tail long since soaked with blood sagged low, much too heavy for the young girl to keep up high now. The feeling of dirt and grime clinging and drying on her tail disgusted her, but as a battle slave she knew she wouldn't get any sort of freedom here. Never mind warm food, she knows the most she can get is dirtied, cold, moldy bread..

She felt lost and hungry, she wanted to leave, but she has no where to go. She was covered with dirt and grime, blood not sparing her any less, she could be considered barely recognizable by this point. She was shaking so much, she just wanted to sleep. To die. This is the only life she's ever known, fight, kill, and pray to Buddha you win. She's seen what happens to others when they lost. She won't be another number to add to that body count. She can't yell back if they yell, she can't hit back if they hit, she can't eat unless they say so, it's so.. So tiring.  She doesn't want to fight anymore, but she doesn't have a choice. Her hair is ragged and long, stringy, and dark. If it were to ever be washed, maybe it'd be silky smooth. Maybe even soft. But, baths are a type of luxury. 

The arena rumbled as the gate opened. Something haggard and hulking made its way out. Bandages loose and sticking on by blood. A metal mask, shaped rectangularly, seemed melted on. Boney some parts, but meaty others. Robe hung loosely onto it's waist. Shredded and torn but mended together with spare fabrics. It.. It was outright deformed. No part of it's body the same length. But, regardless, it was huge and could crush the girl easily. The air suddenly started to enclose on the girl. Her ears pinned back and her eyes widened a fraction. She was terrified, but if she showed even a fraction of her fear, they'd close in on her and take advantage.

Shaky scar ridden legs rose from the kneeling state they were in previously, clawed hands flexed, and a heart beat oh so loud but could only be heard to one person. The owner of that heart beat. Dangling eyes watched in anticipation, the world felt all to silent at that moment. But when morning came only one of them would see that light shine from above as the sun rises. And she wasn't gonna lose that last blissful thing, even if it was a reminder of the impending life she repeated day to day, not mater how ugly the day, it was the only thing that was close to a hug. She wasn't willing to lose that so easily, not without a fight.

A gust of a dirt cloud, convulsing pain, the feeling of ripped limbs, and praise. It felt filthy. She felt filthy. The walk back is blurred, was she even walking? Did she win? She guesses she did. Everything felt so distant at that moment. How did she even win? They aren't beating her, they haven't pulled out their whips or metal branders yet... So, she won right? They're even giving her praise, but it felt so mumbled. She couldn't understand what they're saying. Clawing.. She remembers clawing, at something. The ground? That.. That thing? Her breathing is unsteady and she looks down, her hands. Her arms. She felt so light headed, why? Why did she always get so lightheaded after the rounds?

It looked so grainy, red, and wet. Drip. Drip. Drip. The blood puddled and followed after the girl. The grainy meat took place where nails should be. Blues', purples, and yellow greens painted her body, some splotches spanning over half her body.  The biggest patch a stringy, thick, pink and red meat shown. Shining and wet. She felt numb. So fucking numb.  Her eyes were hazy and unfocused. She wanted to fall but couldn't. Before only two, blood soaked, and almost rat like tails followed her. Now there was a third. Though, less soaked. She swayed side to side as she followed the two, others stared blankly at her passing by, some simply snickered, and a select few found pity in their hearts. All children. At least, those who watched on. The two men, one delicate looking, the other a old looking thing. Despite the frailness of their looks, she knows better. Had to learn better. Old fools who believe they have a right to do what they want due to their righteous titles. Humbled at birth, cultivators in life, and rotten at heart.