15: Moment of Truth

Shaking your hands before wiping them nervously on your leg, you lean over to Pan. Pursuing your lips you gently kiss him, sitting back up quickly you stand, pacing the foot of the bed. I knew it. He wouldn't wake up, we can't l- "y/n?" Peter's voice is croaky and you stop mid pace and stare at him.

His face shows a bit of concern and amusement. "Peter don't ever do that to me again!" You surprise yourself at your outburst, and cross your arms as he stands up. "Darling-" your worry and fear over the curse finally break through and you walk over to Pan and into his outstretched arms.

"I was really worried." Your voice is muffled but you feel a bit better when you feel a kiss being pressed to the top of you head. Pulling back a bit you tilt you head and stare into his eyes. "Was it scary?" Peter glances away before brining you back into his hug, his arms holding you tightly. "Yeah." His voice is almost a whisper, and you hug him back as his face rests in the crook of your neck.

After a minuet or two a loud knock echos through the hut. "Do we have to go out there?" Peter's question startles you. "I can take care of them if you want." He nods and let's you go to the door. As you open it every Lost Boy looks expectantly at you, Wendy has her fingers crossed and a supportive smile. "He's awake and ok."

Cheers go up around the clearing and everyone pushes to get in. "No visitors for now. Go start a bonfire." Everyone sighs but turns around to camp. Felix gives you a grateful smile and Wendy blows you a kiss. Blowing one back you shut the door and latch it. Peter sits on the edge of the bed staring at his hands. "I told them to make a bonfire." At your voice he stands up, a small smile on his face. "Thanks y/n." You smile back. Both of you not wanting to talk about the kiss, you nod your head. "I'm heading back to my tent for bit- I'll see you later?" You feel your heart protesting but you have lots of thinking to do. Pan opens the door for you. "See you later."

Peter's pov:
Raging Fire. Everywhere. It's not like y/n's. This one is pure evil and I'm trapped.
***
After thinking I'll be trapped for eternity I see a door open through the choking smoke. Steping through I wake up, not sure where I am. Where is y/n? Did she wake me up? She's the first thing on my mind. Looking up I watch her pacing at the foot of the bed, her face etched with worry. "Y/n?" I meet her eyes and can't help but smile slightly. Instead of relief her face scrunches up as she tells me off. Standing up I open my arms, glad she hasn't changed a bit.

The second she hugs me I feel better, and her broken confession makes my heart flutter. My head calms down, her presence seeming to tame the flames in my head. I kiss the top of her head gratefully. After a moment she pulls back slightly, our hands still holding each other close. "Was it scary?" Her gentle question plunges me straight back into the scorching void, and I can feel my whole body trembling. Pulling her back into me I hold her tight but can't lie to her. "Yeah." I bury my face in her neck as she holds me tightly.

When the Lost Boys knock at the door I feel to vulnerable and shaken up to deal with them, as y/n talk to them at the door I sit in the edge of the bed. If she woke me up. That means that- the prophesy came true? That we are- cutting myself off I stare at my hands. I won't talk about that just yet- I want it to be her choice.

As she heads off to her tent I flash away and talk to Felix.