24: Cursed

"What do you mean?" You fiddle with your hands. "I had a visit from myself or something in my dreamworld." You take a second to steady your voice. "The heart of Neverland has begun to freeze over." Pan frowns. "What do we do?" You take a breath and get out of bed, the air abnormally chilly. Pulling back the curtain you feel the last bit of hopeful denial drain from you as you take in the jungle. It's covered in snow.

You startle as Pan appears behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist. Turning to face him you swallow. "I have to unfreeze the heart." His face is furrowed. "But magic always..." you finish his sentence "comes with a price." Cursing, Pan puts his forehead to yours. "Are you sure?" You hug him. "Peter- it's not just about me or you or us anymore. It's about every Lost Boy that was taken from horrible situations, every friend and animal on the island." You try and ignore the pain in your heart. "But we don't know if....if you'll." You cut him off. "I know." Your voice is soft. Standing on tippy toes you kiss his lips, tears pricking your eyes. "We have to go tell the others."

Grabbing a pile of blankets and coats you both walk into the main camp. All the Lost Boys are huddled together in small groups. "Y/n! Pan!" Everyone looks to the two of you. "Come grab some blankets and find as many torches as you can. I'll light them." Pan doesn't move from your side. The Lost Boys gather around, and you light your hands, touching each torch. "Wendy, Sebastian and Devin, stay here the rest of you go snow proof the tents." Everyone scurries off to do Pan's bidding.

"What's going on? It's never snowed here before." You gulp and look at Wendy. "The heart of Neverland is freezing over. Things can only get worse from here." Sebastian swears. "So this is the prophesy." You stare at him. "What?" The two boys and Wendy avoid your gaze. "I asked a question." Devin looks at Pan. "There was a prophecy around 300 years ago, it was about a girl who would save the island and it's magic. We thought It was the sleeping curse." You clench your fists, the fires around the camp jumping high. "And none of you thought to tell me? Was this all....just....planned?" You stare wide eyed at Pan. "Was this fake to?" You see his head shake and his voice quiver.

"No, god no this was always real. I never planned on falling in love with you." You breath heavily. "I don't know what I'm doing! What I should believe.." you feel a steadying hand on your shoulder. "We didn't mean to deceive you. We asked you to stay thinking that you would vacate the Island afterwards. No one knew that we would all love you, let alone Pan." You meet Sebastian's gaze. "Really?" He nods. "I'd be willing to lay down my life for you, just like I would any other friend." You smile at him. "Thansk Seb."

Walking off into the jungle Wendy calls out. "Where are you going?"

"To find out more stuff and save your asses!" You smile when you hear Seb and Devin whooping. "Can I come Darling?" You stop walking and swivel to Pan. "Ok." After a few more minutes of walking you can't contain it any longer.

"I'm not sure what to do." He stays quiet. "This guy told me he loves me, I think I love him to. But I don't want to get hurt again."  You give Peter a quick side glance, his face relived. "Do you think you can trust him? What's your gut telling you?" You pause your trek again and grab his hand. "It's telling me to take a leap, because I know he'll catch me." Pan smiles at you, full and wide. "Really?" His voice is quiet. "Really." You echo. "Then can I kiss you?" You laugh and nod, quickly cut off by his lips on yours.