Chapter 37: A Shadow In His Grasp. The Corpse' New Toy.

This has been the journey so far...

After saving a town from darkness and shadows, the Corpse has obtain a new toy for himself, and has created a few new trick up his sleeve as he and his companions continued their journey together

-Crow Father.

Ruel: I have to admit, I thought we'd have another shushu possessed Percedel situation when you put on the ring. Guess I'm wrong.

(y/n): It'll take more than just shadow magic to take control of me. Plus, the ring looks rather dashing on me~

Ruel: Hmmph, of course something like that would interest you, you weird edgy kid.

(y/n): Easy Ruel, it be a shame if your tongue goes missing.

You said, walking with the gang in the forest after a nice meal and a place to stay at that village, now that it's saved by you, Yugo and the rest. Yugo walked beside you as he pokes at the ring.

Yugo: Maybe the Shushu's broken, that's why it's not even trying to take control-

???: SILENCE YOU LITTLE BRAT!!! AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I HAVE A NAME!!!

The ring shouted, making Yugo jump, startled by her sudden reply. You raised your hand up and stared at the Ring, which you then noticed it has a face... She looks annoyed.

(y/n): Then tell us your name, unless you want to be called "junk".

???: You wouldn't dare.

(y/n): Hehehe~

You chuckled with a grin on your face... Percedel's Shushu, Rubilax begins to speak to the Ring... Revealing her name.

Rubilax: So Shadowfang. How will you get out of this one?

Shadowfang: Just like that fool, I'll make him fall in love, make him do my bidding! Perhaps he'll be much more help now that i know what he's capable of!

The Ring Shushu, known as "Shadowfang" replied, giggling to herself as Rubilax seems to be interested in such a plan.

Rubilax: Hahaha! With him under your control, you'd be unstoppable!

(y/n): Hey, possessed dumb dumbs. We can hear youuuu~

You said, gaining the two's attention as Amalia didn't seem to like the idea that Shadowfang has made. You slowly bring your hand up and looked at Shadowfang.

Shadowfang: Just you wait~ I'll make you even more powerful than you can ever imagine~ My NEW Darling~

(y/n): Have fun with that.

You said before immediately snapped your hands open and created a Black Electric shock around your hand, shocking Shadowfang as you could hear her scream in pain.

Evangelyne: Don't try anything funny now. And (y/n)? Try not to fall for whatever tricks she may throw at you, it would be awful if you switched sides.

You looked over at Evangelyne, surprised by how concerned she was about the Ring. You only gave her a smile and nodded.

(y/n): Don't worry, Evangelyne. I'll be careful around the talking Ring.

Shadowfang: HEY!

After you gave Evangelyne a soft smile, she blushes in return. Amalia noticed this as she looks back at forth between you and Evangelyne... Surprised to see such a reaction from the Cra.

[Timeskip with (y/n) and Ruel dragging a heavy chest, thinking there be treasure... Only for the chest to grow legs, arms and a long tongue as Ruel and (y/n) ran away in fear.]

The sun was slowly setting, the sky was getting dark and the group have found a comfortable sports to rest for the night as Amalia used her Sadida magic to create tents out of large leaves. You and Yugo walked towards the center for the camp and set a campfire as you kneel down and raised your hand, creating a small orb of flames before setting the campfire lit and warm for everyone.

(y/n): That should do it, thanks for helping me, Yugo.

Yugo: Hehe, no problem!

You and Yugo exchanged smiles before you two sat next to the campfire, soon Evangelyne joined you two as she sat next to you with a smile.

Evangelyne: So learned any new tricks now that you have a Shushu of your own like Percedel?

Yugo: Oh! Oh! Show her that cool trick you showed me!

(y/n): Alright alright, settle down, little one.

You said with a smile before you raised your hand, creating a small orb of purple shadow. You then used your other hand to hover over the shadow orb and began moving your finger, transforming the orb into small shadowy figures as you control them like puppets.

Evangelyne and Yugo watched in awe, seeing you make the shadow puppets dance around on your hand. Soon Amalia joined to watch the show as she stand behind you and looks over your head as she was standing.

Amalia: Thats so cute! They're like little dolls except a little creepy.

Shadowfang: Hmmph...

As you continue to give the three a show, the snores of Ruel and Percedel can be heard from their individual tents, causing you to stop and the four of you laughed at the silly sounds coming from Ruel and Percedel as everything fades to black.

And the title "Wakfu" appeared as the title is untouched and peaceful silence fills the air.