Cab Ride to Long Island

Announcement: I be switching my writing style up a little for this story, doing some first-person and second person point of view along with a little third person. Anyway, enjoy the story.

{August's POV}

What am I gonna do?

No what did I just do?

I've never done anything like this before. I'm pretty sure no one else has either, because it's impossible!

I looked down at my hands, this strange icy mist was starting to fade, like it was never there to begin with.

But I knew it was because there was still ice around.

For a moment it seemed like I was in a ice rink, I looked at Bo and his posse.

There weren't moving... Were they dead?

I was soon given the scare of my life, when I saw one of their eyes move.

Well, they were still alive... Somewhat?

Wait! How was I going to explain this? Yeah, I froze those kids because they were gonna beat me up. Yeah, I barely believed myself. Would I go to jail, oh, who am I kidding?

I was gonna be shipped off to some lab to be experimented on, like the aliens do in the movies.

Could I go home? No way. What if this led back to me, how could I mom, Audrey, Addison, anyone about this? I could hardly talk to my mom about getting into a fight, how was I supposed to tell her about this?

I still haven't even told her about Mrs. White.

I ran, though I did slip and almost fell on my face. But I wasn't worried at the moment. I bolted out the alley, and into the streets... There was ice everywhere.

It didn't seem like anyone else got frozen, but there were people around though. I saw them look at me, as the ally was the source of ice. I saw many of them pulling out phones.

I had to get away before the cops got here. I ran around the corner, looking for anything I could use to get out of here.

I ran across the sidewalk, snapping my fingers every step I took. I was trying to get a taxi. But no one was stopping. As I saw it a taxi was the only way for me to make ground, quickly.

Finally, a yellow car parked itself in front of me.

Here's my ride. I opened the door and jumped right in.

"Where do you wanna go?" I instantly could tell this guy was in high spirits, in the driver's seat was a middle-aged man with a newsboy hat, I didn't really think anything else stood out about him other than his pointy ears.

Once I registered his question... I didn't think that far ahead. I couldn't go home, and there wasn't anywhere else I could go. I didn't have any friends, or any other family members that I was aware of.

I scratched my head like I was trying to figure out a riddle, I suddenly felt something poke my butt. What? I pulled out a card from my back pocket, it looked familiar.

Julius Greer

Keeper

Half-Blood Hill

Long Island, New York

(xxx) xxx-xxxx

It's Julian's card.

How'd I get this?

Julian must have stuck in my pocket when I wasn't looking. Even when I am trying to get away, he still sticks to me.

Wait, Julian was talking about being some protecter. Maybe he knows what's happening to me. Well only one way to find out.