Exactly Five Feet

"Mom said you had a fit at school, what was that about?" Emmi said as she flopped on the couch.

"I don't know. Stuff with Elway."

"Who?" Emmi asked as she took a selfie for snapchat.

"Not funny, Emmi. What kind of sick joke is this?" I sighed.

"I don't know what your issues is, Brock, but you need to dial the sassmeter down. I don't know who Elway is, but if you are having sissy fights with him, don't take it out on me." Emmi snapped another picture.

"I'm going to me room." I threw the blanket over me at Emmi.

"Later, brat." Emmi stuck her tongue out at me.

"You're fifteen, Emmi, let's act like it." I fired at her.

I pulled the covers over my head and googled something on my iPad. I typed in 'Stephanie and Francisco Stenton,' the parents of the boy from the article, Elway.

I tapped on the first page that showed up. I scammed it and didn't find anything I hadn't read in the previous articles from Mom's computer. After numerous searches, I found an article that looked intriguing.

Stenton Family still Hoping to Reunite with their Missing Son: 12 Years Later

The article was published a month ago, the newest one I'd seen so far. I read the article carefully.

"The family who caught attention after their one and a half month old son, Elway, vanished from their Pocatello home in 2010. They haven't given up, however, on their son.

"Every day we check the news and Amber Alerts to see if we have any good news." Says father, Francisco.

Elway would be 12 today. Mother, Stephanie, is still determined to find her son. "For the past 12 years, we've been having birthday parties for my son, who never attends the party. I cry every day, I feel like I could have done something. There's been days where I see boys at the store or whatever and think, "Oh my God, that's him!" I know it's not, I know, but it gives me hope that he is still out there." She says.

Elway disappeared from his Pocatello home in August of 2010, almost two months after he was born.

"He was born on June 10, he disappeared on August 7." Says Francisco. "I just want my boy, that's all. He was our first baby, he has three younger sisters who know all about him. They ask if they'll ever see their brother, and it hurts that I can't give them an answer." He says.

If you have seen Elway, please notify authorities immediately. Below is a description of what Elway would like today:

Elway would be twelve and a half, with brown/blonde hair, and brown eyes. He would be approximately 5 feet and 1 inch, weighing around 110-120 pounds. Please notify authorities if you see a boy with this description.

My heart began to race as I read the article. My birthday is June 10, I weigh 106 pounds and am exactly five feet: almost the exact description in the paper. I have brown hair and brown eyes. A picture of me as a baby was in the article, I have a "friend" named Elway. I sat in silence for a few moments. Then it all hit me like a crashing wave: I am not a Butler.