Chapter 2: "Junkie's Shop"

With his arm around you, your new teammate Junkrat guided you down the hall. "So you're the new member. Y/N is it? Well!" He pointed over to the cafeteria and guided the two of you over there. "I'm sure you're starving, and I've got an idea!" He sat you down at a table, grabbing himself and you something to eat from the counters as if you were back in school.
He placed a plate of who know's what in front of you, and before you could say anything, "Almost forgot!" He pulled out a match and put it against his calloused hand, striking it with ease and placing it like a candle in the middle of all your food. You laughed, but got interrupted.
"Seriously Rat?" Came a voice on the other side of the table. "Alright listen here mate, no one else is allowed to call me Rat except Hog. It's Junkrat ya insensitive bloke!" Junkrat announced defensively. A man in silver came over with green accents, spinning a ninja star between two fingers. "I'm not sure our new recruit will want her food to explode in her face." He grabbed the plate, staring at it. "Nice to meet you Y/N. My name is Genji." He bowed and replaced your plate, before spatting out "Is this even edible, junkie?" Before walking away.
      Junkrat looked at his plate and yours, toying with his food with his finger. "S-Sorry sheila, I just thought you ought to have a good lunch made by your new teammate!" He got up to grab both plates but you stared him down.
      "It's okay Junkrat, seriously. I appreciate your kindness and I bet I'll enjoy it! Don't listen to what everyone else says..." Junkrat smiled in return and you both began to dig in. Surprisingly enough, the food was absolutely delicious. It was like a sloppy joe without bread, but you could eat it like nachos since he decorated it with crisps on the side. He paused a second, "You can call me Rat or Jamison." He smiled a cheesy smile and you could see his gold tooth. It was a very nice smile either way. "Okay, sure Jamie." You said teasingly at your nickname for your new teammate.
      As time passed that day, you two hung out, finding yourself enjoying every moment with him. You were introduced to other members, getting to know their names as well as their skills. You knew to avoid getting your tank teammate, Zarya pissed because she would actually tear you apart. Mercy was the sweetest and absolutely loved swiss chocolate. You told her you'd remember. All in all, your first day was good, and it was only a week till your first ever mission in Dorado.

Time skip...2:37am

      Y/N slept in their bed soundly, her neighbors who were Zenyatta and Mei allowed things to be kept quiet. As you started falling deeper into sleep a sudden Clank! Clank! sounded at your window. You got up, rubbing your eyes and looked around for the sound. It was your window, and you pulled the blinds up. Down below was Junkrat and he was throwing rocks at your window. You opened it, and whisper shouted, "What the hell are you doing?!" In a slightly annoyed but happy to see him tone. He pointed to the ledge by your window, and whisper shouted back, "Come down!"
      You rolled your eyes a little but smiled anyways, going to grab a jacket and put on your shoes. You opened the window and found yourself crawling down a ledge that wasn't very safe but it was better than nothing. With one last step down, you dropped about 3 ft down to the grass with a slight roll. Junkrat came to help you up, before wobbling a little on his peg leg. His whole body was shaking as if he was excited and he held a finger to his lips and went "Shhh." You chuckled at him, before following him through the courtyard.
This part of the HQ was unexplored to you, and you saw how it changed from a shiny glass building, to pure desert almost. You found yourself walking over sand and a dirt path, before Junkrat shouted out, "WELCOME TO...." He pulled out what looked like a bomb defuser. You looked at him with wide eyes wondering what we was planning to do with it. "W-Wait, Jamie!" You shouted a little too loud but the sound of the explosion was louder and a sign went flying off to reveal a new one that said "Junkie's Shop." So that's what the sign meant at the front. You thought to yourself.
      "Hog and I stayed up to finish our new sign. Quite EXPLOSIVE isn't it!" He said with a cackling laugh, and smiling brightly at you. "I almost forgot! You gotta meet Hog, my guard." He walked around the explosive bits and took a sniff of the gunpowder that had come from the bombs. You laughed to yourself at his reaction, wondering who Hog was. You only heard his name but never met him. "E're he is!" Junkrat put out his hands as you got inside a shop that smelled like fire, explosives, wood, and metal. Sitting in a large patchwork armchair was a large man with a mask on his head. He had a little ponytail, and tattoos all over his body.
      "This is the lass I said was joinin' us on our new mission!" Announced Junkrat as you walked over to meet Hog, who's full name was Roadhog. You held out a hand at him, to which he shook yours. You could feel his rough hands and how firm of a handshake he had. "Nice to meet you Roadhog." You said shakily and he grunted back, muffled behind the mask. Junkrat gleemed at you and him becoming friends. "You can call him Hog, sheila! We're all friends e're!" Junkrat sat down on a shop stool with wheels on it, rolling back towards a work table where a single light bulb glowed brightly over him.
      Walking up behind him, you could see just how much his hair had been singed, and he had some bald spots, but it almost fit him. But looking down, you saw his arm muscles working hard at whatever he was doing. "What are you doing?" You asked as Roadhog had gone to work on his motorcycle beside you two. Junkrat held up a red ball, "I'm making me bombs." He sealed each one with whatever explosive ingredients, and placed them into bags that hung on hooks. "Preparing for our new mission of course!"
      As Junkrat held up a bomb for you to hold, suddenly an outbreak of voices occurred outside the shop. Roadhog walked over, pulling the shop doors up. Everyone was standing outside with chatter, weapons in hand, all dressed in pajamas. "I was about reach my new high score!!" D.VA announced from behind the group holding a little hand gun. Everyone saw what it was without context: Junkrat, bomb, explosion noise.

"In Russia, there is no....no explosion. Junkrat, you make explosion. Soldier: 76 will hear about zis!" Shouted Zarya.

"Peace and tranquility are important friends...but that doesn't mean you have to interrupt our sleep." Zenyatta said calmy.

"Junkie, try an' keep all this explodin' stuff to a minimum. 'Specially with the new recruit an' all." Cassidy explained before Widowmaker stepped between everyone

      Sigh.."Junkrat, we were trying to sleep. At least wait till 5:00am to experiment. C'mon everyone, let's just go back to sleep." The mob of people finally left before Roadhog went back to closing the shop door. As you looked at Junkrat, you could tell he was upset. "Hey, don't worry Jamie! I loved the surprise and for it being my first night here, I'm happy we're getting to know one another." You smiled once more grabbing a bomb and looking at it. Suddenly your fingers slipped and the little bomb dropped to the ground, bouncing a little before exploding a few feet away. You got scared of it, but saw Junkrat light up. "SHEILA! YOUR FIRST BOMB!" He was absolutely ecstatic and before you could celebrate anymore a shout was heard outside, "DON'T MAKE ME GET BOB TO DO SOMETHING!" Yelled Ashe and that was your queue to leave.
      Getting to your room, you realized how much you enjoyed Junkrat's goofy personality and how he was so enthusiastic of you. It made you smile and you wanted to give him something in return, that is..before the mission.

End Chapter 2

Words: 1442

Days till mission: 6