Chapter 10: Jealousy - Part 3/3

I laughed, maybe a bit too much, causing him to scowl at me, which made me laugh even more.

"Sorry, I don't mean to laugh. Ok, maybe I did. But I think you've had too much to drink."

Cain wagged his finger at me. "No, I haven't had enough to drink. You've had too much to drink." His words were slurred, and his cheeks were flushed now.

I pursed my lips and shook my head at him. "Yea, ok there, buddy, you keep telling yourself that. Maybe we should get back to bed." I suggested.

He pouted, "But I don't want to." Cain said in a child-like manner.

I stood from my chair and walked towards him, taking his drink. "Well, too bad, you big baby. It's time for night, nights."

Cain rolled his eyes. "Fine! Party pooper." He said as he stuck his tongue out at me.

I raised an eyebrow. "Really? You are so childish," I said while shaking my head at the large man-baby before me. I had never seen this side of him, and to be honest, I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than the other side.

Cain snorted. "Me? I'm not childish; you are!" He then roared with laughter, something I wasn't used to with him but loved hearing.

I raised a brow. "Come on, let's go, big guy." I couldn't help but smile at his behaviour.

I reached my hand out for him to grab so that I could help him out of the chair. Unfortunately, Cain gripped my hand a bit too tightly and stood on his two shaky legs. Before I knew it, we both went crashing down on the floor, with him landing on top of me.

I sucked in a sharp breath "Omg, you are so fucking heavy." I grunted, trying to gasp for air.

His nose wrinkled. "What are you saying, that I'm fat?" Cain pouted and batted his lashes.

"No, you moron. You are just really big and heavy. Especially compared to me. Come on, get off me." I pleaded as it was getting hard to breathe.

"What if I don't want to? I like the situation we are in." He grinned like the devil he was.

"Cain, please, I can't breathe," I said shakily.

He positioned himself, so he was hovering just above me and no longer crushing me.

I inhaled large gulps of air. "Holy shit, thank you. Now, all the way off, please?" I told him while raising a brow.

His grin widened. "No, I like this." His eyes slowly roamed over my body. "Me on top of you and you underneath of me." Cain's eyes turned a shade darker as they bore into my own.

"Cain, we need to get some sleep," I said sweetly, hoping it would help.

Now he is being a dick head and knows I'm defenceless against him.

"Well, I need something else right now." His tone was laced with arousal.

My eyes widened as I felt something firm jab my leg; of course, he is hard. How can I get myself out of this situation? At the same time, though, I wanted him just as bad; I craved him.

His expression became severe. "Freja, I know that all of this is not ideal, and you truly dislike the situation you are in, that things have been more than rough, confusing and stressful. But, please know, I'm sorry, this isn't how I wanted things to go when I met my mate." Cain's face looked strained, and I could tell he was being honest.

"Then why did you rip me from my family? Why didn't you give me a choice?" I asked calmly, hoping to get the answers I so desperately needed.

Cain sighed heavily. "When I first saw you, I knew you were my mate. I had to have you; the urge to claim you as mine was so great, it was painful. I also knew you wouldn't come with me any other way, being the daughter of my enemy and all. I felt I had no other choice. If you refuse me, I'll die a slow and painful death, which would put my pack at risk, and that is something I will never be willing to do; I am their Alpha." He said proudly.

To a certain degree, everything he said made sense, but I still didn't like it. However, I did admire his love and the duty he felt towards his people; it told me something about him, something I never thought possible for Cain.

"I understand all of that, but it still doesn't make it right. I've lost everything and everyone I've ever known and loved. Within a split second, I was torn away, I wasn't given a choice, and I was forced to go with someone, who I was taught my whole life, is a monster from the depths of hell. The stories I've heard about you gave people nightmares."

Cain sucked in a deep breath. "Because they are true, I won't lie to you. I've done questionable things as an Alpha. But everything I've done was for my pack and their safety. I will always do what is necessary to ensure their survival and safety, no matter the outcome. I truly am sorry for everything. I hope with time; you'll give me a chance to show you the real me, not the Alpha me." Cain brushed a lock of hair behind my ear and caressed my cheek with his thumb. I liked the honest side of him, the side that communicated with me. I understood his decisions and actions.

I smiled. "Guess you'll have to wait and see."

Cain stared deep into my eyes as he slowly leaned down, his lips hovering just above mine; he paused for a moment and then captured my lips with his, kissing me softly and sweetly.

He was still propped up on his elbows, but his hands were holding my face while his thumbs caressed my cheeks. I pulled my arms out from under him, wrapped them around his neck and pulled him into me, closer to me. The kiss became more profound and more passionate as the light of the fire danced around us.

The smell of arousal lingered heavily in the air. Cain began kissing my jawline, teasingly moving down my neck; he nibbled and tugged on my skin near my marking spot. His other hand started to glide along my sensitive skin, slowly creeping down my chest, before he clasped my breast in his hand, gently squeezing and pinching my erect nipple and causing me to moan with delight. Just as I did, I felt his thick, hard cock, twitch against my leg.