Chapter Two: Don't you dare be dead

Cass pulls her tear stained face away from my neck to look around.

"What the hell?" She whispers, looking down.

And just like that, we're dropping again. I wrap myself around Cass, so that hopefully I'll soften her fall. I hit the ground with a sharp cry. Fortunately, Cass lands on top of me. She rolls off of me quickly and jumps up.

"Y/n!" She grabs my shoulders, "Don't be dead."

"Not dead." I mutter without opening my eyes.

I might not be dead, but I do have to give myself a second for my bones to snap back into place. Sometimes I really hate this whole self-healing thing. I take a deep breath, which slowly becomes less painful.

"We have to go." Cass grabs my hand.

"One second." I say weakly,

"No, we have to go!" Cass says again, "Look!"

The desperation in her voice makes me open my eyes. A group of people in tactical gear are sweeping the building. They're sure to spot us any minute. Cass pulls me to my feet, and runs, as I stumble, away from what was my apartment building. Another limping figure staggers towards us. Harley. Thank God, or whatever. My body had healed itself enough so that I could run to her. I stop in front of her, just so happy she's standing in front of me.

And then she slaps me, "Are you insane?"

I frown and look back at her, but I can't be mad. I would be hella pissed too if she had been the one to jump off a building.

Then she kisses me, "Don't ever do that again."

"Yes ma'am." I smile down at her, and she kisses me again.

"Guys." Cass says, "We're still not out of this. Kiss later."

"We can take those guys." Harley's mad woman smile returns and she swings her bat over her shoulder.

"No." I say firmly, "We can't risk it. We're getting out of here."

"Fine." Harley purses her lips unhappily.

"Where's Baby?" I ask,

Harley raises her hand.

"Over there." Cass pointed towards the parking lot.

Harley pouts, but follows Cass and I as we run towards my beautiful darling, Baby, the motorcycle Harley and Cass got me. I glance over my shoulder, hoping we haven't been spotted yet. It looks like we're clear. For now. Harley reaches Baby first, stopping to look back at me.

"Cass, get on first." I say, helping her on, then hold my hand out for Harley, "Harley."

"What about you?" Harley says, waiting for me to hop on.

I step backwards.

"Y/n no." Cass says, "Get on."

"There's not enough room." I point out the obvious, "Get somewhere safe. I'll find you."

"You're not coming?" Harley asks.

"I'll find you." I say again.

"Y/n no." Harley gets off and grabs my hands.

"They're not after you." I say, quietly so that Cass can't hear, "They're after me."

Harley shakes her head desperately, "Please just get on with us."

I bring her hands up to my lips, and kiss her knuckles, "If I stay with you... they won't stop coming for me. I have to take care of this. I have to. But I can't do that if my girls aren't safe."