Chapter Nine: Guess Who

Fan-fucking-tastic.

"I don't know what you're up to, but you're coming with me. Don't make this more difficult than it needs to be." He says.

"Aww batsy." I pout, "We haven't even officially met."

I can't see his reaction through that stupid bat mask, but I can feel the judgmental energy radiating off him. I lean against the table casually, shutting off the hologram in the process. Does he know Katana is here? Knowing her, she probably escaped already. It's not like she has any reason to protect me.

"Fine. Let me do the introducing." He jumps over the railing of the balcony, landing with a clang in front of me, "You're a wanted criminal and assasin who's only alive because Waller needs you. Otherwise-"

"You would have killed me already?" I smirk, "God that's so cheesy. And egotistical. I've dealt with much worse than you."

He stalks towards me.

"You should have seen the witch I zapped." I continue, "And anyway, I'll introduce myself, thank you. It's Ace. And this is my friend."

I pull out my gun and aim at his face, "She thinks you're cute."

He doesn't react to the gun at all, just keeps walking towards me. I pull the trigger. The bullet bounces off his armor.

"Dude, that's bulletproof?" I say, "That's sick!"

"Stop talking." He knocks the gun out of my hand, and kicks me into the table. I roll over it, regaining my balance and standing up on the other side.

"I'm trying to be polite here!" I grab my stomach in pain.

He jumps over the table, and reaches towards me. He grabs me by the throat, lifting me in the air.

"Kinky." I mutter.

"What are you doing here, Ace?" He demands.

"Can't speak when...you're... choking me." I manage.

He drops me like a doll, "Then talk."

I catch my breath, "So indecisive."

"This isn't a game! What are you doing here?" Batman growls, "Are you helping Lex Luther now?"

I scoff, "Lex? No I- You mean you don't know what's going on here?"

He stares at me, expressionless, as always.

"This is Waller, not Lex!" I say, "She's up to something!"

He chuckles, "You? Making accusations?"

"I'm not sure if that stupid bat mask is just squeezing your brain too tight or something, but look around!" I gesture, "This is Waller's work. It's her lab. Read literally any of the files, and you'll see."

"Why would I listen to you?" He asks.

"Oh my god, don't listen to me, just read" I picked up one of the files that littered the floor, "THIS."

I toss it at him. He glances at it, "This could easily be faked."

I sigh, "Ok. So we're fighting this out?"

"That's how it looks." He agrees.

"Well I did my best." I shrug, and prepare for another punch.

He punches at me, as I had predicted. I dodge easily and grab his arm, twisting it behind his back. Before he can escape, I slam him into the table. He crashes into it face first. I raise my fists again as he gets up. He storms towards me. I draw a dagger from my boot.