Chapter 18: Hero Names and Internships

Izuku had finally done it. He had won the Sports Festival. And as an added bonus, he got to have his payback against Katsuki after all these years. Finally, he can leave the past behind. After the festival, an award ceremony was held to congratulate the top three. In third place, Tokoyami. In second place, Kakyoin. And in first place, Izuku himself.

What Izuku didn't know was that a few surprises were coming his way.
__________________________

Izuku P.O.V

It has been a week since the Sports Festival, and already my class are the main headlines in many news stations. It seems the first years were the most viewed and popular. But there were two things that bugged me.

First it was Iida. He couldn't make it and left because something happened to his older brother. Reports say it was the recent Hero Killer. His brother got into a fight with him and got hospitalized. He won't be able to walk again, ending his career as a Hero.

And then... there was Bakugo. After our fight, no one has seen or heard from him since then. Even though I just moved on, I felt like something happened after he revealed his true colors.

But enough about that. I was currently walking outside as it was raining today. I was mentally chatting with Jotaro when I heard Iida from behind me. And he was wearing a poncho and rain boots?!

Tenya: "Good morning, Midoriya!"

"Iida?"

Tenya: "Why are you walking so slowly? You're going to be late!"

"Late? There's still five minutes until the first bell!"

Tenya: "U.A students should always arrive ten minutes early!"

I watched as he sped inside the building. I caught up to him as I dried off my umbrella in the locker rooms.

"Hey, Iida..."

Tenya: "If it's about my brother, there is no need to worry. I apologize for worrying you needlessly."

He left before I could say anything else. I knew something was definitely up and I'm starting to worry for him. Even though I don't show it because of my cold exterior, I can still feel emotions.

Jotaro: "Worried about your friend?"

'How can I not be? It's a devastating moment when a family member is hurt or hospitalized. For Iida, his brother is his idol. To see his idol lose his career, its heartbreaking and world crumbling. I feel like-'

Jotaro: "He's going out for revenge?"

'Y-Yeah. How did you-'

Jotaro: "I've had a friend once who wanted revenge."

'If I remember correctly, it was Polnareff, wasn't it?'

Jotaro: "Bingo. When I first met Polnareff, he joined me and my gramps to get revenge for his sister. When we arrived in India, he was confronted by the Stand User who killed her. He was fixated in revenge that he left us. However, he came across Hol Horse who was partnered up with the Stand User, the Hanged Man, J. Geil. And being blinded by his revenge, he almost got Avdol killed."

'But he killed J. Geil in the end. However, he has to live with the burden of almost having his ally killed. Seeing Iida like this reminds me too much of that scenario.'

Jotaro: "Yare yare, talk about deja vu. It's best to prevent something like this happening, or history is going to repeat itself."