Chapter 1 - A Mysterious Being

It was a normal day just like any other. Students were waking up, eating their breakfast, dressing and going to their respective schools. Every household's door in the neighborhood flung open, and the teenagers that grew up in those houses all left for school. Every house, except one.

None of the lights were flipped on, not even at night. There did not seem anyone living there, but the house looked cleaned and well kept off for some reason.

However, there was absolutely no sign of life in this particular house.

That was until---

"Hah....?!"

----His eyelids opened. Bewildered. Confused. Disorientated. Chaotic. No word known to mankind could describe what he was feeling.

"Where.....am I?" In the bedroom of the seemingly empty house, a boy spoke out in a quiet voice. Of course, no one was there to answer his question.

Lying on a bed, the first thing he saw was the ceiling above him. The soft feeling of cushions underneath him felt nice and relaxing, but in a moment like this, it was impossible for the boy to be relaxed.

His mind was vague. Filled with cloud and fog. He could not remember going to bed and falling asleep. No, that was not everything. Who am I? What am I? Where am I?

Such questions lingered in his mind, cycling around in circles and did not leave as if they were waiting for answers.

He did not remember his name, his past---His memories seemed to have been wiped away. Was it Amnesia? Certainly, technology was not so advanced to be able to wipe ones memories. Such a device would definitely be illegal.

"....." He turned his head left, right. Up and down in all directions, getting an idea for his current location. A bedroom. Was it his bedroom? Or is he perhaps sleeping in someone else's house?

".....Hopefully not." The thought alone made him sweat a drop.

That aside, it was a spacious bedroom. There was a wardrobe, a desk to use, a tall shelf that held a variety of books. It all seemed very clean, but the boy had no recollection of ever living here.

He stood up from the bed and glanced towards the mirror on the wardrobe. In the reflection, he saw his figure. His black bangs probably ready to be cut any time, his frame was tall, most likely over average. His red, ruby-like eyes glistened in the light.

He looked like an ordinary teenager, probably around 18 years of age.

"......." The boy stared blankly at himself. There wasn't anything special, but seeing himself for the first time was kind of a shock to him. He felt like a newly born baby the size of a grown teenager.

His curiosity for things must be that of a baby still. After a short moment, the boy turned his eyes off the mirror. He didn't know where he was, or even who he was. But what he knew was that he had to find out. To find out his name. To find the memories he has lost somehow.

That was easier said than done. How does one even recover his memories? Visiting a doctor would not help. Maybe there was a image book of him when he was little?

After going through many of the books on the shelf, there was not a single image of him, or anything related to his past.

"Hah...." He closed the last of the book and breathed out a sigh before putting it back. He let his body fall on the bed soon after, and relaxed his body.

Ah, but it wasn't useless to go through those books. He was able to gather some information about many things.

"Just who am I......?" Muttering those words, he concentrated his mind. He breathed calmly into his nose and out of his mouth to relax every single bit of his body. He concentrated all his brainpower into getting back his memories.