Chapter Eleven

Dream stared pitifully at the gold in the piglin's hands. It winked at him and then was gone, and the creature threw down some ender pearls along with a potion.

Purpled swooped both items up, examined them, and signed. "Dangit. This is another invisibility potion. Come on! I want a strength potion already!"

Dream leaned back against the wall with his shoulder and stroked the diamond bars in front of him. His whole body twitched, watching his precious shiny things in the hands of the dirty animals, but he also didn't want to break the shiny cage he was in. "Well, with the amount that you gave them, I'm sure it will turn up one day. Besides, invis potions are pretty good too. We have the chance of attacking the ender dragon without them knowing where we are in order to stop them."

"Yes, but if we were stronger than everybody then we could beat them anyway!" He turned his nose up and placed the glass bottle next to the ten other invis potions tucked away in a pocket.

Dream stretched and yawned. "Do you know how much longer this will take? When can I get out of the cage?"

"You're not getting out!" he shot out. "Not until the gold is gone and maybe I can find a way to teleport you to me."

He snorted. "Good luck. Trust me, I'm useful when there's nothing shiny around."

"Yeah, I bet. I really, really do." Another piglin threw down some black square, and Purpled's eyes lit up. "Awesome! Now one of us can have a full suit of netherite!" He glanced at Dream. "Do you think you can wear it? I feel like you might need it the most."

"Don't be ridiculous! It's not shiny, so I don't want it!" He studied the diamonds, trying to get his mind off the fact that his gold was disappearing!

"Argh! Will you shut up about the shiny stuff?! The world doesn't run on jewels!"

"What about money?" he asked. "The gold, emeralds, diamonds . . ."

"Ever hear about America and their, ahem, paper money!?" Purpled growled.

Dream pouted. "They sound boring. How much longer will this take?"

"Thirty to forty minutes? An eternity? Why don't you just go ask them?" He gestured to the pink animals goggling over their incredible fortune that they could have just mined for themselves.

"Great. And we have to stare at them and watch them steal our gold."

"I'm still hoping for a strength potion."

A couple of the animals threw more things down and, with a heavy sigh, Purpled went to retrieve them from the dark brick floor. "Ohh, a paper," he cheered in a dry voice. He checked his cast and inserted the number.

Purpl3d has mad3 the Achievem3nt: All in a Row

"I really love how the achievements just tell everybody exactly where we are and what we're doing," he grumbled.

Dream shrugged. "I don't really like it either. It makes it easier for somebody to jump on us. Although these places seem big. So far, I have only seen your team."

He frowned and tugged at the neck of his sweater, wiping the sweat from his forehead. "Really? Punz and I have basically run into everybody."

Dream tensed up, watching as another piglin came into the fray. "Do you know in what direction Quackity was going?"

Purpled shifted and jerked his head into a nod. "West. We're in the East, far, far away from him. Unless he finds a speed potion, there is no way he can get to us in half an hour."