CHAPTER IV

JESSICA DREW'S POV

It was way too early to encounter unforeseen circumstances. Jessica's role as a New Avenger had exposed her to countless unpredictable and inexplicable situations. However, she vehemently disliked such unexpected events, especially those linked to her leadership position. As a team leader, she was responsible for ensuring that everything was under control and that her team was protected. Therefore, she always forced herself to stay informed and disliked not knowing the answer to anything. She feared that any lack of knowledge could endanger her team, and in such a scenario, she would be unable to forgive herself. Thus, it was a shock to her when she discovered six strangers in the tower, which Tony explained were, in fact, the Infinity Stones. How did they turn into humans? And why were they here? And did that mean incoming danger? Jessica needed answers, and she needed them right now.

"... How?" What kind of a stupid question was that?! In her current life, anything that seemed impossible could become very possible. "Why now? What is the danger this time?"

"Perhaps, it would be better to answer that question when we are in the compound, and everyone has woken up," the woman with the purple aura, who Jessica presumed was the Power Stone, recommended.

"Ok, fine by me, but can the stones at least tell me who they are so I can better identify them?"

"Certainly, I am the Space Stone."

"I am the Power Stone."

"I am the Time Stone."

"Reality Stone."

"The Soul Stone."

"And I am the Mind Stone." So, this was what the Infinity Stones looked like in human form. Interesting, although the Time Stone surely knew how to dress for style. But how was that all possible when the Soul and Space Stones were supposed to be inside Ethan and Tony while the Time and Mind Stones were still physically present with Dr. Strange and Vision?

"We can create multiple versions of ourselves, physically and spiritually. It makes it easier for us to watch over our realms and be in multiple universes and realities simultaneously," the Space Stone answered. Oh, right. They could all read minds. Jessica would never get used to that. Wait... There were multiple universes and realities? Even more interesting.

"Honestly, this is the most normal occurrence that ever happened in my life, but nice to meet your human forms. Never knew that you guys could do that." That should remind her to doubt what others deemed the impossible.

"How do you think we felt? We were just as shocked as you are," Ethan remarked. "Josh will definitely have a field day when he hears about this." He would, wouldn't he?

JOSHUA COOPER'S POV

Oh, my gosh! This was incredible! This was more than incredible; it was extraordinary and groundbreaking! His father's time and research hadn't gone to waste after all. Following Ethan's unexpected encounter with the Space and Soul Stones, their father became fixated on understanding and analyzing the Infinity Stones, with particular emphasis on the Soul Stone, once it was discovered that Ethan had bonded with it. Josh never understood his father's preoccupation most of the time. In fact, he was somewhat envious of his younger half-brother during that period. It wasn't that their father disregarded Josh or favored Ethan over him; rather, Josh was bothered by the fact that he was no longer the only enhanced family member and that Ethan was more potent than him. How could Josh's shapeshifting abilities and superintelligence ever measure up to someone who had acquired powers from two of the most powerful artifacts in the universe? Now he deemed his prior feelings of jealousy as nothing more than a brief and typical bout of sibling rivalry, and he loved his little brother so much, despite Ethan causing Josh to have gray hairs at only twenty-six. "How? When did you guys discover that you could shapeshift into different forms?"