[Chapter 1]

Tsukasa Tenma was a standup young man beloved by his peers. His sister meant the world to him, and so when his sister became too weak to travel, he decided he'd bring joy to her. As a result, at a young age, he declared, "I will become a world-future star!" This dream, however, faded into his subconscious when no opportunity would arise. He completely forgot his reasons for wanting to become a star, but he still remembered his dream. Even so, he didn't spend any more time on it. Instead, he focused his time on his family, which was rather close-knit. His sister, Saki, had always been a light in his life. When she was hospitalized in middle school, Tsukasa would spend as much time as he could visiting her. Tsukasa's mother, a piano teacher, was often nowhere to be seen in his life. Though her absence didn't seem very prominent when the same could be said about his father.

Tsukasa had a friend, who was in truth more like a brother, who had a even worse father. This friend's name was Toya Aoyagi. His father was a man of great distaste. One could say he was a crude overseer in the boys life, forcing him to live his every day life as he saw fit. One day Toya disobeyed his father, only to get struck in turn. Maybe it was the bruise on the boy's cheek or the distance in his eyes, but something about that sight had struck a cord in Tsukasa. So in that moment, Tsukasa had decided he'd put a stop to the harassment! How could a man be allowed to do such things to his own son? Tsukasa could not understand, and so he set out to confront the man at no later than the age of seventeen.

Toya had watched in astonishment as the blonde youth approached his father—and with such confidence too! Even so, only after a minute of the man listening to what Tsukasa had to say did he kick him out of the house entirely. How could he not see the damage he was causing his own son? How could he just kick Tsukasa out as if he were casting a curse upon them? Something had to be done to stop this injustice! So that day Tsukasa proudly declared, "I will become the world's finest police officer and stop this from happening again!" And unlike his previous declaration, this one was attainable. And attain he did.

At the young age of 23, he finished his training. Years of perpetration for this moment had finally paid off! Furthermore, he wasn't alone in his new job. A tall boy with split-dyed silver and black hair had followed him into this field. That boy was none other than Toya. And to everyone's surprise, Toya's friend, Akito, had joined as well. Tsukasa certainly did not expect such company, but he was elated nonetheless. The same could not be said for the ginger boy, who looked more than displeased to be standing next to Tsukasa.

Today was Tsukasa's official "first day as a police officer!" What a joyous event it was sure to be. But the life of an officer was no more exciting or fulfilling than it had been in training. In fact, he was doing practically the same things as before! Patrolling the streets and handing out tickets... Was this what he trained for? Tsukasa had figured it was a blessing in disguise; at least he was under no real threat of being killed on the job! Even so, his days felt so bland and lackluster.

A month after Tsukasa had started working full time he had received a call from a nearby hospital. And to his dismay, it was exactly what he had feared. Tsukasa drove haphazardly to the hospital, too nervous to drive straight. He was lucky there were no other police around to pull him over. The sounds of roaring sirens and heavy footsteps became prevalent as he neared the hospital. It was the largest one in the area, and as such, it had the most clients racing in and out every minute. And it was no more than 2 minutes before Tsukasa had joined the rushing crowd.

Moving quickly and efficiently, he had traversed through the sea of never-ending stretchers, people, and equipment that stretched across the enormous hallways. Eventually, he reached the room he'd inquired about. The dull brown door stood as the only thing in between him and the one kept behind it. With one quick swish of his hand, the door had opened, and he was met face-to-face with a girl who shared the same blonde hair. Her face was paler than he had seen it in the past four years, and her eyes looked dark with despair.