Chapter One

Most people enjoy college and university, but you just can't help but disagree. It felt quite boring, as nothing eventful ever happened. It was as if the days just kept repeating themselves, over and over again. You hoped maybe something interesting would finally happen-

"Miss L/N?"
You perked up, not realizing you had zoned out until your professor had called on you.
"Uhm, answer B?" You replied randomly.
"Correct, well done." She smiled back to you in response.

For some reason, you had blushed at the compliment. You weren't sure why, but you guessed that Fletcher was just one of those teachers you approved of.
Your teacher paced around the class, collecting everyone's assignments, before she resumed her babbling.

You continue listening to the woman's lecture, which surprisingly wasn't as bad as some of the other ones you have to listen to daily from your other professors. You saw as she used many hand gestures and facial expressions when speaking which you found quite cute, showing a small smile as you looked down to your notebook.

Finally, she finished up, dismissing you all from class. You stayed behind and you took your time gathering your things. Eve noticed you, and now that she had the chance to talk to you alone, she took it.
"You've got a lot of potential." She spoke up, making you pause from putting your things away. "Last week's assignment, it was probably one of the best i've read so far." She smiled, leaning her hand on your desk.
You looked away from her gaze, but still returned the smile. "Thank you, professor, I appreciate it." You looked back up at her to meet her eyes, before she dismissed you.

'Her eyes, they're absolutely gorgeous!'
You blinked back the thought, but still wondered why she caught your attention the way she does.

"Boo!"
You screamed, "Jesus Christ Steve! You're seriously going to give me a heart attack one day!" You groaned.

Steve was your friend since highschool, one of the few that actually stuck around and attended the same university as you. You had become really close during that period, forming a strong bond.

"What's up with you and Fletch?" He grinned.
"What are you talking about?" You replied back, looking at him in confusion.
He rolled his eyes, "Come on, we've all seen how you look at each other, you couldn't even look at her after she gave you that tiny compliment!"
You scoffed, "I don't get what's so weird about my reaction." You deadpan.
"M'kay then." He smirked as you both continued walking down to your next class.

The final bell of the day rang as you quickly got out of the classroom, as you just wanted to go back to your dorm and rest. Luckily for you though, it was pouring with rain outside.

You sobbed internally, walking into the rain as you didn't have a hood or an umbrella. That was until, Eve was conveniently walking past on her way to her car.

She quickly walked over to you with an umbrella in her hand, "Y/N honey, you're going to catch a cold, let me walk you back to the dormitory building!"

HONEY. You're officially deceased.
"I don't want to burden you professor, there's no need, it's only a five minute walk; I'll be fine!" You smiled in thanks to her, but she insisted.

So there you were, walking ridiculously close to each other so you could both fit under her tiny umbrella. She was holding you by the arm to assure you weren't getting wet. Well, maybe you were elsewhere, but that's irrelevant.

The walk felt like it lasted forever as you arrived to the dorms, you thanked her profusely and said your goodbyes, before walking inside.
You sped walk to your room, plopping your things down wherever there was room.

'ohmygod'

You looked at yourself in the mirror only to see how red your face had become. Why?

Your face smacked into the pillow as you laid on your bed, after changing, and you switched on your phone.

Steve sent a photo
1 New Message

You opened the chat, seeing a photo of you and Eve walking awfully close to each other under her umbrella.
Steve: This is absolutely golden, I'm never letting you forget this!
Y/N: STEVEN SANDLER!!!!! Where did you even find that???
Steve: Don't worry, I took it, so you're in safe hands! 😁

You quickly pressed the call button and he answered almost immediately, laughing at you.
"Show that to anyone and you are literally dead." You whisper shouted into the phone.
"Trust me, far from the jokes, I wouldn't show anyone. Speaking of which, what were you saying about there's clearly nothing between you and Fletcher?" He asked, grinning like an asshole.
"There isn't. She was just... walking me home, cause it was raining." You said casually.
He rolled his eyes, "Okay okay, i'll see you tomorrow, Y/N Fletcher."
The last thing he heard was your cut off scream before he hung up.

God you loved him, but he was a little shit. You smiled fondly before opening up your diary, like you usually did, and started writing.

January 14th, 2019                                                                                                                            

I've noticed something strange happening to me. Today I was completely distracted because of my professor. She called on me in class, and I couldn't even look at her in the eye after she told me I did a 'good job' on answering correctly. She walked me home today as it was raining, but that's just because she felt the need to do it, right? She doesn't actually care. Anyway, Steve is convinced I'm in love with her which I am certainly NOT, she is my teacher for crying out loud. Either way I can't help but deny that she is attractive. I generally do find older women attractive, but she stands out more with those blue eyes and brown hair. Not only that, but her personality. She's kind and caring, never being too harsh on her students. As I said though, I don't have a crush on her.

You closed the book, leaving it on the nightstand as you scrolled online for the next hour, soon falling asleep

Eve approached you with her usual smile, and leaned against your desk in her classroom. She gently grabbed your chin to look at her, kissing your lips.
Her's were soft, as you had expected, and you cupped her cheek as she got closer to you. In a flash you were suddenly in the middle of the Sahara desert with some random woman you'd never seen in your life. Dreams can be weird and disappointing.

Mrs Fletcher | Prof!Eve Fletcher x Fem!Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें