Laundry Girl - Chapter 1

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Cameron's P.O.V

"Ring, Ring!" The bells above the laundromat door rang loudly signaling a new customer had just walked in.

I looked up from folding my laundry to see who it was.

"Cameron!" A boy with the floppy brown curls yelled excitedly as he dropped his bin full of laundry next to me.

"Hey Curly!" I replied to him while ruffling his hair.

"Didn't I tell you not to call me that?" He asked with a slight smirk on his face.

"I don't recall,"

"Well don't," He said while picking his basket up again and walking over to one of the washing machines. He threw all his clothes in, mixing his whites, blues, reds, yellows, everything!

"Hey, don't you need to separate all your clothes before putting them in there?" I asked him, giving him a confuzzled look.

"Nah, I'm in a hurry today Cam." He shut the washer door and pressed the button, but the machine refused to start.

"Come on, work!" He repeatedly pressed the button hoping it would start.

"Oh wait, the coins," Harry mumbled while he patted his pockets and looked through his wallets hoping to find some loose change to put in the machine.

"Hey Cam, please lend your best friend some quarters!" He pleaded,getting on his knees then giving me the puppy face.

I smiled, amused at his childish actions. "Anything for you weirdo. Catch."

I threw a coin to Harry, and he caught it mid air.

"Thanks," He said to me while looking at his watch.

"Aw, shit. I'm late!" He yelled while rushing to the door while putting on his jacket.

"What about your clothes!?" I asked while running after him.

"I'll be back later. I'm so late!" Harry ran through the door then waved goodbye. He hopped into his Range Rover and sped away.

I walked down the first aisle of washers only to see that Harry had forgotten to start his load.
I inserted a coin into the washer that Harry had put all his clothes in, then pressed start. Damn Curly, what would you do without me? I continued walking over to the back of the room to see what I had to get done.

I worked in the dry cleaning area of the laundromat. It was my favorite place in the whole room complete with a small television and a comfy skinny chair that I had begged my boss to get for me. I plopped myself onto the counter and skimmed through the service book to see what I had to get done today. Mrs.Trigonlastowskiz's laundry would be picked up at 3:00, Rhynes at 5:00, Garfield at 6:00, Whittman, Brown, Kelley, Furst, Taylor. Ugh, I have so much work to get done it wasn't even funny. Well, I better get started.

----------------------------------------------------------------

About three hours later,Harry came walking through the door with messy hair and a sweaty face. I was halfway finished with my work and had already put Harry's laundry in the dryer.

"Beep, beep, beep!"

"Your clothes are done,"

"Thanks, I owe you." He said while wiping the beads of sweat dripping from his forehead.

"Hey, I have an idea." He said. He leaned across the counter and leaned merely inches away from my face. 

"And what is your idea?" I questioned him. I could feel his emerald green eyes examining my every move, but I didn't dare to look up. 

He then walked away, and I watched as he took out the fresh, warm laundry from the dryer and joined me at the counter.

"Come to my concert later. The boys and I are opening up for Viktorya King!" He announced enthusiastically while I stood there frozen.

"Every girl in the world is a fan of Viktorya King! Ermahgerd, I lurvveee her!" Harry mocked in a girly voice. 

"So, ya wanna go?"

"Can't."

"Why?"

"I hate her." 

"Suit yourself." Harry continued folding the rest of his clothes and began to hum Payphone.

It wasn't that I hated her.

No, I don't hate her.

I don't hate myself.

Well, it's not really me.

But then again...it kinda is.

Yeah, it is me.

You heard me right.

I'm Viktorya King.

---------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed reading the first chapter, and if there are any spelling errors please tell me!

VOTE!

COMMENT!

VOMMENT?

Ilurveyouss

xx Janella :D