CHAPTER ONE - REALIZATION

realization
noun
re·​al·​i·​za·​tion
the action of realizing : the state of being realized

Y/N'S POV:
The light softly grazed my skin through the car window, my mind wondered between the trees and sound of the wind blowing through the soft leaves. I was snapped out of my thought by my sister, Violet.
"you look so dramatic in a majestic way, Y/N." She slightly smiled, finding humor through her comment.
"I mean I am the quiet one so it seems to be my job, right?" I smirked and gave her a slight side eye.
As I tapped my finger on the side of the car door I made a rhythm in my mind, 'dun dun duh dun dun' slowly sounding like a heartbeat I stopped on a thought.
"Dad when does your concert start?" I asked him softly.
"6pm, as per usual." He stated in a hip tone.
the time was 3:30 as we pulled up to the stadium. My ears rung from the music that was once blasting in them through my headphones, I slightly run my fingers through my brown hair nervously. I don't know why but events such as concerts always made me nervous, even though I'm back stage with people I've known most my life, it shakes me in a way. It's probably just not my scene. As we walked through the backstage area, my eyes wondered through the faces like songs in a jukebox. Annabelle, Shane, Noah, Violet, Harper. My brain listed the people by their face, as i continued to look around I saw Taylor.
"Hey kid! how've you been?" He said in a excited expression.
"I've been good, how about you?" I asked genuinely wondering, it seems I haven't seen him in ages.
"I've been great, Shane says he doesn't see you much anymore though, i feel like none of us have." he stated.
"yeah..I've just kinda been hiding out ya know." I nervously chuckled, he smiled and turned to do something else. Now that it's at my attention i'm thinking of Shane, I turn to look for violet and see him standing in front of me.
"oh sorry Y/N." he smiled and walked around me.
suddenly this feeling in my gut rushed upon me. I had never felt this way about him, then I realized I have felt this way before, only once. In the 8th grade he kissed my cheek and the same feeling had arose. But why now is this happening. I turn to look at him to seem his eyes meet directly with mine, then I am once again interrupted.
"Hey Y/N can you you help out with amps?" My dad asked.
"yeah sure!" I took a quick look back at Shane to see him still looking at me.

After a couple of hours, all the setting up was done and the concert was starting. I sat in the wings of the stage, Shane creeped up and sat next to me like he always has.
"what's been up with you, Y/N?"
"what do you mean?"
"I mean you've always been quiet, but never this quiet."
"I don't know, i guess i just like keeping to myself, I've always been like that."
"well, I miss hanging out. We should plan a time to hang out and maybe throw together a song like we used to."
"I'd like that" I smiled softly as he nodded and we pointed our attention towards the show infront of us. After I got homeschooled by my parents I haven't really hung out with anyone beside Violet and Harper, none of my school friends has really reached out besides Miley and Oliver. I turn to look at Shane to see he's already looking at me.
"what?" I gave a playful tone and he smiled.
"I don't know i just felt like looking at you." he chuckled slightly as I brushed it off. Could this be my realization moment? Would I consider this crushing, yes, but I'm gonna deny he would be crushing back.

WORD COUNT:679