CHAPTER TWO - MEET ME IN THE PALE MOONLIGHT

"PUT YOUR SWEET KISS,KISS ON MY LIPS NOW, BABY"

Y/N'S POV:
The concert had ended, and so had my interactions with Shane. Music lightly played through my ears as I scribbled little drawings on a blank page. A text vibrated my leg causing me to stop scribbling on the page. The text was from Shane, 'look outside ur window'. My face was puzzled as I opened the window to see him standing there.
"hey, wanna hang out?" He smiled as I laughed.
"I'd love to." His smile grew slightly.
"well come on!"
I climbed down from the window, and just looked at him for a second.
"what, is there something on my face"
"no, I just felt like looking at you." I mocked his voice from a couple hours before, he chuckled at my words.
"what do you wanna do"he questioned as we walked down the sidewalk.
"Ice cream?" I looked at him and smiled. He sped up his pace and grabbed my arm, running in the direction of the the ice cream parlor.

We sat under the colorful umbrella table outside of the parlor, enjoying the comfortable silence.
"you look dumb when you eat ice cream"he stated
"shut up doofus"
"ouch"
I chuckled listening to the music playing softly through an outdoor speaker. 'swim
Out in California, I'll be forward stroking, 'So hard to ignore ya, 'specially when I'm smoking, swim
World is on my shoulders, keep your body open, swim' .
"do you know this song?"he smirked slightly.
"yes I do." I smiled returning his devilish look.
"C'mon!" He stood up and the warm breeze hit my arms, the song changed to meet me in the pale moonlight. As the song played he pulled me up and we started dancing. In this moment, he was the most attractive person I'd ever seen. His hair flopped around slightly and we laughed and 'danced' together. 'Just put your sweet kiss, kiss on my lips now, baby'. we looked into eachothers eyes softly, the verse played and all I could think was 'god if he would just kiss me already'. He slowly started to lean in, until we were interrupted.
"guys you gotta leave because we're closing" The ice cream parlor guy said.
We both kind of looked down in a blush, no knowing what the guy saw.
"C'mon" Shane smiled, putting his arm around me slightly.

As we made it back towards my house, he spoke up, after slowing to a stop in front of my window.
"I really liked hanging out, Y/N, I miss you a lot, like a lot a lot."
"I miss you too, Shane, like a lot a lot." we both shared a small laugh. He hugged me as I went to go climb back through the window.
"same time tomorrow?"
"Hell yes."

WORD COUNT:475