6

Melissa Benoist as Kara Zor-El/Kara Danvers/Supergirl

........

"Our satellites picked up on two ET's passing through our atmosphere," Sam told the group once everyone was there. 

"So it's starting," Lois asked, and her father confirmed with a nod.

"We were able to track them by their heat signatures for about forty seconds before they disappeared," he continued. "Their signatures were last seen over Smallville, which is why I'm here." He turned his attention toward the newcomer. "Any reason you can think of for why they'd come to Smallville?"

The girl shook her head. "Not that I can think of. They landed in National City first on my Earth."

The mention of National City turned a light on in Clark's mind as he turned to his father-in-law, suggesting, "It would be a good idea to loop in Kara. You want me to give her a call?"

Sam nodded, giving Clark the go ahead to step away and call his cousin. He had only worked with Clark's cousin once, but they had stopped one of many near-apocalypses with her help without the public knowing the threat they faced and she had his trust. Plus, with the threat of alien invasion--especially with two already making it through the atmosphere--they could use all the help that they could get.

Clark returned from the call and didn't get to let them know she was coming before she arrived, stopping to the right of her cousin. She breathed out and had a perplexed look on her face as she looked around, stopping on the one person she didn't recognize out of all of them. Clark noticed.

"This is Nicole," he told her. "She's...our daughter from another Earth."

Shock sparked in Kara's eyes before nodding and understanding that this was a conversation for after they successfully stop the apocalypse. She smiled at the teenage girl before attention was brought back to the conflict at hand.

"Nicole said that there were some Aroni who could shapeshift and give the illusion that they are someone they're not," Clark relayed to everyone, mainly to get Kara up to speed. "Which means that, if they are in Smallville, they could be anyone and we might not know it. We have to keep our guard up."

Everyone nodded in agreement, John taking Lois and Jonathan to the setup they had in the barn. Powers or not, it was all hands on deck which meant that Lois and Jonathan had a role to play (also, John knew how alienated Jonathan typically felt in his family and this was a chance to make him feel useful). While they were headed to the barn, Sam continued with the information he had come with.

"The Aroni are also closing in on Mars," Sam stated. The boy and girl glanced at each other for a brief moment, a moment which no one seemed to catch but Kara who furrowed her eyebrows before turning her attention back to the general. "Which means we are quickly losing time."

By now, John, Lois, Jonathan, and Natalie were back with the rest of the group. Clark looked to John and Natalie, asking, "You're suits ready to go?"

"All charged up," Natalie answered. 

Clark nodded and the group split off, preparing for the inevitable. Nicole had warned them incessantly about what the Aroni were capable of, how ruthless they were in their assault of her world, and how quickly they were able to move through the Earth. The family was on high alert as they prepared to defend their world once again, though they didn't account for the two ET's Sam had warned about being in their midst already, masquerading as two of them. It was a defense seemingly doomed to fail.