||1||

Notes || This is my first story, so I will likely not have a good uploading schedule. This is not Beta read, so if you were to comment on mistakes, I would appreciate it.

TW || Violence, Death, Panic attacks.

There will be a TLDR at the bottom for the parts with warnings.

"Heh... That's ironic." Victor sighs depressingly.

Wait! No... That's not right. We've gone too far ahead.

Victor was raised in a ... humble house, saying the most. While they never had MUCH money, they had enough, at least by their single mother's standards. Their father, you see, was taken as a slave by a large group of bandits.

That's enough explanation, at least for now.

"Tanya!" Victor screams out, watching as their friend turns away from them, walking into the darkness, obviously disappointed. They turn around, chest tightening uncomfortably in apparent panic. The visceral feeling of anxiety got the better of them when she spotted their closest friend, Mitzi, being killed by the very same bandits that had taken their father. Victor could only watch in fear as Mitzi screamed in pain, desperately clawing at her assailant, attempting to flee.

"A

A

A

A

H

h

h...?" They shot upright in their bed, cold sweat dripping down their back. They shakily gripped their sheets, working themselves down from a full-blown panic attack.

Victor sweeps their feet off the bed, letting them dangle off before forcing himself up.

As they tug their drenched shirt off their back, they grimace. 'My sheets are disgusting and wash day is nearly a week ahead!' Feeling dirty, Victor hops in the bath, taking a speedy shower before dressing themself and heading outside. Avoiding his sleeping mother is easier said than done, mostly since both of them live in a one-room house.

"HEYYYYY!!!" Tanya hollers at them as soon as she leaves the door. Victor jumps clearly caught off guard.

"Oh, ma god, that was absolutely hilarious!" Mitzi comes jogging up to both of them, wheezing. Victor externally sweat drops, but inside they are thrilled that nothing changed between them.

"Anyway, Mitzi and I were heading downtown to the market. You wanna come with?" Tanya remarks, turning around quickly with a beaming smile. Victor didn't even have time to respond when she grabbed their hand and raced down to the busy, people-lined streets of the downtown area.

Don't get me wrong, Victor likes being around other people, and being the center of attention. But they certainly don't need the ear-splitting noise and constant chatter of the people in the market, especially after one of the worst dreams he's had in a long, long time.

"HELLOOOO? Earth to Viiiiiicc?" Mitzi waves a hand in front of Victor's face, clearly trying to get their attention.

"Huh? Oh... My bad," Victor sheepishly smiles "It appears that I hadn't really been paying attention."