||3||

Notes || Again, thanks for reading the story! Tell me about any spelling errors you might find, and I'll make sure to fix them. Also, this chapter will be a little shorter, just trying to find the right length for me. Working on my update schedule :D

TWs|| None really, just some angst.

————

It's been nearly 2 years since Victor left home, and the stories they've stockpiled over the years are INCREDIBLE. They'd talk about them all, and that alone made them quite popular. What started as a little traveling band has now amassed a rather large following. Today was one of the few days they could actually breathe, given the group almost always spent their time traveling or performing.

"So, what are your plans for after you leave?" Charlie questioned. Victor learned he had the softest voice of the group, however, he could be terrifying if need be. You don't want to figure out how they came to know that.

"Yeah..." Diane looked lost, clearly not happy they were leaving. "Why are you leaving anyway?"

"I feel I need to," Victor looks down. "I've been with you guys for a WHILE now, and I'm starting to feel a little stuffy." All that was true, of course, but they also didn't want to stay around the same people too long. The death of a friend they knew from the time they were five doesn't leave the best taste in someone's mouth. Also, admittedly, they were a little scared their fans digging would uncover her death. Victor doesn't want to experience those pitied looks. They also want people to come to their shows because they want to, not out of pity.

Jia, who was in fact the ringleader, just looked down. He was clearly not happy with how easy they were leaving.

"That doesn't answer the question, though," Charlie breaks the silence.

"Just perform some more, I guess," Victor answers. "I'm gonna continue the performing life, definitely."

Charlie nodded, changing the subject quickly.

"So, you want boba tea?" He asked. He had already started heading in the direction of the shop, because he already knew the answer. They all followed him, of course, as he was the only responsible one in the group.

They laughed and celebrated their newest performance for the rest of the day, the prospect of Victor leaving completely expelled from their mind. When they arrived, Victor started swiftly packing up. Tears poured down Diane's face, but she didn't argue, knowing there was nothing to be done. From experience, she already knew Vic was not going to change their mind.

"Remember me, please?" She tearfully asked.

"I will," Victor replied, their voice cracking. Diane handed them a necklace to remind them of her wherever they go.

"DON'T take this off and chuck on the side of the road?" She raised an eyebrow. Victor faked being offended, tears already trickling down their face. You see, Diane and Victor had formed quite the friendship. They shared one last hug, then Vic went to say bye to the others.

They weren't as close to Camilo, they were kind of sure he never liked them in the first place. He just waved, then stood awkwardly to the side. If Jia was sad, he certainly didn't show it. He nearly crushed them with his hug, then sent them off with a wish for safe travels. Victor came up and hugged Charlie, a long hug. Victor's heart shattered to be leaving them so soon, but they didn't want any harm to come to the closest thing they currently had. It was bittersweet, but they never looked back. They were sure if they did look back, they would never be able to leave.