Chapter 2

"I can't believe it. I don't believe it," Iago exclaimed. "We're never gonna get a hold of that stupid lamp," he flew to pick up the pieces of the golden scarab. "Forget it. Look at this. I'm so ticked off that I'm molting,"

"Patience, Iago. Patience," Jafar said. "Gazeem was less than worthy,"

"Oh, there's a big surprise. I think I'm gonna have a heart attack and die from that surprise. What are we gonna do? We got a big problem here, a big...."

Jafar used his hand to clamp Iago's beak shut. "Yes. Only one may enter. I must find this one, this...diamond in the rough,"

***

"Stop! Thief!" A guard shouted a boy wearing a purple vest and a red fez.

The boy stopped as he reached the edge of the roof.

"I'll have your hands for a trophy, street rat,"

The boy jumped down onto the ground where a girl was waiting.

The girl laughed. "All this for a loaf of bread?"

"There he is!" A guard exclaimed, "You won't get away so easy!"

"You think that was easy?" The boy called out to the guards.

"You two, over that way, and you, follow me," A guard ordered his men.

The girl handed the boy a blanket to disguise himself as a woman. "Getting into trouble a little early today, aren't we, Aladdin?" the girl mused.

"Trouble? No way. Come on, Cass; you're only in trouble if you get caught,"

One of the guards grabbed Aladdin from behind. "Gotcha,"

"I'm in trouble,"

"And this time...."

Cassandra couldn't help but smile when Abu landed on the guard's head, causing his hat to cover his eyes.

"Perfect timing, Abu," Aladdin saluted his monkey "as usual,"

"Abu," Abu took off his fez in greeting.

"Come on. We should probably get moving before more guards show up," Cassandra suggested, only to run into another guard. (Bold = Aladdin, italics = Cassandra, underline = both, plain = guards)

Gotta keep one jump

Ahead of the bread line

One swing ahead of the sword

I steal only what I can't afford

Aladdin moved Cassandra out of the way of the sword swing.

That's everything

Cassandra laughed.

One jump ahead of the lawmen

That's all, and that's no joke

Aladdin leads Cassandra up a pile of barrels.

These guys don't appreciate I'm broke

Riffraff

Street rat

Scoundrel