Chapter 3

Cassandra sighed as she leaned against the banister that looked over a view of the palace.

Aladdin joined his best friend. "Someday, Cass, things will change. We'll be rich, live in a palace, and never have any problems at all,"

***

The next morning, the trio was in the market.

Cassandra was drawing a crowd with her tricks while Aladdin and Abu worked on gathering food.

Aladdin watched Cassandra before waving at Abu "Okay, Abu, go,"

The monkey chittered as he leaned over the fruit tent.

"Try this." The seller told a passerby, "Your taste buds will dance and sing,"

Abu picked up a melon.

"Get your paws off that,"

Abu taunted the merchant.

"Why, you..." The merchant grabbed the melon from Abu. "Get away from here, you cursed, filthy ape!"

Aladdin used the distraction to grab a fruit.

Abu tilted his fez at the seller. "Goodbye,"

"Nice going, Abu," Aladdin cheered as he split the melon in half. "Breakfast is served,"

***

Cassandra was doing a trick when a woman bumped into her.

"I'm very sorry," The woman said, her hood falling off to reveal a beautiful blue crown atop her hair.

Cassandra shook her head as she realized she had been staring. "It's quite alright," she watched as the woman walked away, noting that everything she wore was clean, hardly a speck of dust on her. "Princess Jasmine,"

The woman looked at her in shock, but Cassandra merely smirked and winked as she went back to entertaining the children. Jasmine was startled, causing an apple to fall from a stand.

Cassandra intervened as the merchant raised his sword, but Aladdin was quicker. Cassandra moved to Jasmine's side to assure the woman that she was in good hands.

"Thank you, kind sir," Aladdin said as he grabbed the sword. "I'm so glad you found her." he handed the sword to Cassandra, who quickly hid it behind her back. Aladdin turned to Jasmine. "I've been looking all over for you,"

"Just play along," Cassandra whispered as Jasmine looked at her confused.

"You, two, know this girl?" The merchant voiced.

"Sadly, yes." Cassandra sighed. "She is my sister. She's a little crazy,"

"She said she knew the sultan,"

Cassandra shook her head. "She thinks the monkey is the sultan,"

Jasmine knelt before Abu. "O wise Sultan, how may I serve you?"

Abu enjoyed the attention and began chittering.

"Tragic, isn't it?" Aladdin voiced as he handed an apple over to the merchant. "But no harm done,"

"Now, come along, sis." Cassandra said, "Time to go see the doctor,"

Jasmine stopped in front of a camel. "Oh, hello, Doctor. How are you?"

Aladdin pushed the two girls away from the stands. "No, no, no. Not that one." he turned towards Abu. "Come on, Sultan,"

Abu bowed before the people, causing his haul to fall out.

"Come back here, you little thieves!" The merchant called out.