Chapter One: The Necklace

"Stupid piece o' shit." I spat at the disgusting rotten corpse as I bring my boot down on it's head once more. It's sticky blood now covering my black combat boots.

The creature ceases to moves signalling it's death as I glare down to the one of many creatures that invaded the earth.

'Personally I like this world better.'

'This cruel world is a slice of heaven compared to my old home life.'

'A drunk of an adoptive father, a useless bitch of an adoptive mother, and three piece of shit adoptive brothers.'

'The world is as it should be now.'

'Where the weak die and the strong live.'

'It's survival of the fittest now.'

'Just how it should be.'

With these thoughts I turn around and continue my journey through the Georgian woods.

Adjusting my bow and quiver full of arrows on my back I pull out my necklace given to me by my parents for my fourth birthday out of my pocket.

It's a golden locket in the shape of a heart. An engraving on the back that reads 'to our baby girl.' and inside a picture of my mother.

Her blonde hair falling past her shoulders. Her bright green eyes shinning brightly as she gleams with a big smile on her face. A smile I yearn to see once more.

Tears starts blurring my vision as I snap the locket shut and stuff it back into my pocket.

'No I can't cry.'

'Crying is a sign of weakness.'

'And I sure as hell ain't weak.'

'No.'

'I'm strong.'

'I'm a survivor.'

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts I mentally scold myself.

'I need to focus on the task.'

'Find my father.'

'And kill him.'