New Game

MK's POV

We all went in and waiting for Mei to take the tokens so we can start playing. RedSon was looking around curiously. "So this is the arcade you peasants been hanging out at?"
"Yeah! We also sometimes go to the disco to party at night!.. WAIT YOU NEVER BEEN TO THE ARCADE???"

RedSon shrugged. "Nope, but it seems like an entertainment box machines for peasants like you."
"Oh RedSon! We will show you how to play, there's so many different kinds of games here!"
Mei came back with a pack load of tokens. "Got the tokens yall!! Now lets go play some games!"

As we were walking through excited except RedSon who seemed unimpressed, I whispered to Mei about the news. "Mei, RedSon doesn't know the arcade and-" "WHAT"
Mei interrupted me and went asking RedSon about this information. "REDBOY YOU HADNT BEEN TO THE ARCADE???"
"None at all"
"OHH THIS IS GONNA BE FUN! CMON MK LETS SHOW HIM OUR FAV GAMES FIRST"
"HEY THATS WHAT I WAS GONNA SAY BUT OKAY"
We both looked at RedSon for a response. "Sure" As soon as he said that Mei dragged him to our fav games, and I followed too, laughing.

Me and Mei played the games while RedSon was watching. I sometimes glance at RedSon, and he seems impressed. I kept switching from focusing on the game to Red. We both saw each other and that made me jump and looked away blushing.

"YES, Butter luck next time Mk" Mei cheekily smiled of victory and I realized I lost.
I groaned "Ahhh, I was distracted! AGAIN"
Mei laughed "Excuses excuses! But I think its Redboy's turn now!"
Mei pointed to RedSon and showed him the buttons on the game machine. "Fine, lets play"
It was me vs RedSon

It took a while. It was a close battle but I won!
"AARGH, UNFAIR! THIS MACHINE CLEARLY DOESN'T WORK" RedSon grumbling at a lose.
"Heyy, its just your first time! Practice makes perfect after all! AND you almost beat me!" I said reassuring RedSon and hoping he wont burst into flames.
"Yeah Redboy! You seem to be enjoying this a lot" Mei smugged and RedSon brushed off his hair in annoyance. "It was slightly fun nothing more"
"Sure RedBoy, suree"

I chuckled, seeing RedSon so vibrant made me smile a lot.
"Lets go check out some other games to play!" I suggested and they all agreed. As we were playing different games, my stomach growled and Mei snickered.
"Pfft, Mk did you forget to eat lunch again??"
"Yeahh, I forgot." Embarrassed as I was and bringing my hand to the back of my head.
"Classic Mk, lets go to the cafeteria then!"

We were at the cafeteria and I got myself some noodles to chow down. Mei and RedSon got drinks and Mei got some biscuits as well.
Me and Mei mostly talk and RedSon just listens.

"Noodle boy, do you always just eat noodles?" RedSon asked and I turned my attention to him.
"Mostly yes! Its my favorite food, but I do sometimes eat other food like pizza."
"Sound very unhealthy, especially to your mortal body."
"Well its cheap and I get plenty of exercise! So im pretty sure im good."
There was a pause and Mei was just scrolling through her phone. It was getting awkward so I talked more to RedSon.

"I noticed that you've been ordering more at Pigsy's noodles?"
"What about it?"
"Im just saying that you've been ordering more noodles than before."
RedSon scuffed "Well, we were running out of food and there are not much crops around, so I just ordered from there."
"Ohh okay" I felt embarrassed, beating myself in my mind for being dumb.

Mei spit out her drink. And shouted at us and showed her phone in anticipation.
"GUYS THERES GONNA BE A NEW GAME COMING TO THE ARCADE!!"
Hearing that made me excited as well and trying to finish my bowl as fast as I can.

"DID IT CAME OUT YET??" I said in a mouthful.
"NO, BUT IT WILL SOON!! LOOK AT THESE LEAKED PHOTOS"
Me and RedSon took a better look from Mei's phone. Its a pic of the machine game with a Macaque image beside it. I was astounded and RedSon was surprised too.
"OOOOO"
"I KNOW RIGHT???"
"How do they get that.. shadow monkey's figure??" RedSon asked, a bit suspicious about this new game.
"Well there are cameras around so they probably got it from there."
RedSon was in doubt but shrugged it off.

I finished my meal, Mei finished her biscuits, and RedSon finished his drink.
We went back to the arcade after cleaning up. Mei who still has her drink sipping on it, watched us as we played other games.

While walking around I noticed the 'employees only door', it was slightly open and I can see a wire coming out from the door. Its suspicious because I always know this place from head to toe and I knew that the wire wasn't supposed to be there. Curiosity took over and I took a peak inside.

"OH MY GOSH" I shouted
This alerted Mei and RedSon and went behind me. "MK WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE EMPLOYEES ONLY ROOM"
"Noodle Boy, you better not get us in any trouble!"
All three of us were in shock as we all entered the room.

The new game sitting in the middle of what looked like a storage room. It was on and it feels like theres a light on it. I cant contain myself jumping up and down and looking at the new game around. Soon after Mei joined in, we looked at awe and the leaked photos were true and there was a Macaque piece on the side. On the other side it shows another piece but with just a background. This new game seems to be an 8-bit action game by the looks of it on the screen. And its in two player by the looks of the buttons. In front the title was shown.

The Doom of Shadows

Me and Mei were practically stimming over it.
"Don't you peasants dare play that. Its not officially shown yet and we're not supposed to be here!"
RedSon has a good point but I REALLY want to play it. Mei thought the same thing.
"Oh cmon RedBoy, don't be such a downer! There's no one here!"
"The game is also on!!" I added
"Everything about this seems suspicious, I still believe we should get going."

We ignored RedSon and he grunted with annoyance. "These noodle brains and their obsess with mindless games!" RedSon was mumbling words and he walked closer to the game as well.

Mei puts in the token and a beam of light hit us. Everything went white.