The test

I stood in the abnegation line, waiting to take test. I was so nervous. I felt like I was having a panic attack. I kept thinking of all the features that make up the facts and you're determined to be in. Am I smart? Kind? Honest? Selfless? Or fearless?

"Hey! So, all the food that we're not getting, you guys are giving away to the Factionless right?" I look to my left and see Peter Hayes pestering a group of Abnegations boys. They nod along to his statement that I knew was leading up to a cocky insult.

"You're a liar. Why are you lying to me? Everybody knows you keep it for yourselves. So why don't you just admit it? Huh?"

Peter was one of the very few people I knew outside of my faction, he always used to pick on me, and call me names, but his favourite name for me is Stiff, which is very basic in my opinion. I always thought he would mature, but he never did. He's a world renowned douche bag, who just doesn't care what people think about him and he has no recollection of anyone's feelings. The only thing I hate to say about him is that he's really cute.

"I'm taking to you, are all you stiffs dead or something. Hey!" He continues to annoy the abnegation group.

☆꧁༒❤︎︎༒꧂☆

"One hundred years ago, after the war, our founders created a system they believed would prevent future conflict and create lasting peace. Today, aptitude testing based on your personality will assign you to one of the factions. While it is our belief that choosing the faction indicated by your test is the best way to ensure success within the faction system, it is your right tomorrow at the choosing ceremony to choose any of the five factions, regardless of your test results. However, once the choice has been made, there will be no change permitted."

They call out our names in groups of five and we walk up the hallway there's an orange toned light bouncing of the walls, it was like watching a sunset on a white wall. Before I can continue a familiar face turns to face me Peter.

"Hey stiff, good luck, hope you don't get factionless" he chuckles, "Thanks Peter, that means so much to me" I say in a sarcastic tone. He smiles and turns around and enters his testing room.

The room didn't feel as calm when I entered my testing room. Breathe Ophelia Breath, I say in my mind over and over again. I noticed a wall of mirrors,

"What is it with abnegation and mirrors" I hear a voice say, I turn to the women,
"We reject vanity" i smile.

"Sit down." I look to the woman. "I'm Tori. I'll be administering your test." I sit in the recliner-like chair. "You'll be offered a series of choices to test your aptitude for each faction until you get one result. 95% get the faction of their origin, and judging by your whole vibe, you don't have to worry" Tori finishes.

I sit down in what felt like a dentist chair and Tori gave me some blue liquid, "bottoms up" I say before gulping it all down.

     ༻⁂✩⁂༺

"Choose" a voice booms in my head, "what, why?" I question I open my eyes and look around. It looked like I was in some sort of court room. I slab of meat and a dagger. What in the world?

"Now. Before it's too late." The voice becomes louder. I looked down and saw two options, A slab of meat and a dagger, I look behind me a see a rabid dog. I quickly grab the dagger. I don't know what's about to happen, better safe than sorry. I hear the dog barking aggressively behind me. Do I really have to do this, dogs are like my favourite animal. I glance over my shoulder and see the dog running towards a little girl, I chase after the dog and cut his neck open. Yuck.

"Puppy!" I turn to see the scared little girl. "You hurt him! Your a monster!" She screams,
"I saved you, it deserved it" I say trying to catch my breath.

"How could you!" The girl screams and runs away crying, "Brat" I mumble under my breath before I wake up.

I gasp for air as I'm pulled out of the test. "Get up." Tori whispers. "We're going out the back door before a supervisor comes." I give a look of confusion. "What happened? What about my result?"

"You're going to tell your family that the serum made you sick and that I sent you home. All right?" She moves around frantically.

I grab her wrist and stopped her from moving around any further. "What was my result? Just tell me!"

"Dauntless... and Candor and Abnegation" She mumbles. I stood there, like I was frozen, "how I-is that...that's not even possible!" I mumble.

"Your results were inconclusive, it's not impossible It's just extremely rare. They call it "Divergent." You can't tell anyone about this. Not even your family. As far as the world is concerned, you received a Abnegation result because that is what I manually entered." She tried to push me out the door but I stopped her.

"Wait but the choosing ceremony. The test was suppose to help me choose!" I yell at her stopping her from moving me. "The test didn't work on you!" She yells and grabs my hand,

"You have to trust yourself, and don't tell a soul" she says before finally pushing me out of the room.