Chapter 60

"your future?"

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

"You don't think it's a bit weird?" Brooke asked as she walked alongside Peyton in the halls of Tree Hill High. Peyton rolled her eyes at her friend that has been talking about Andrew for the past ten minutes now as she made her way to her locker.

Though it was a bit shocking that Andrew didn't try to avoid his ex-girlfriend, Peyton didn't know how much of a big deal Brooke would make it.

"I mean how can he go from not even looking at me to speaking to me as if nothing happened? It's weird." The brunette once again repeated.

As the blonde strolled to her locker, ready to put her combination in, she gave a response to Brooke. "Or maybe he's just moving on. You know how couples are. One minute they're going through a devastating breakup, thinking they are never getting over it, and then, the next, they're dating other people." Stuffing some of her textbooks in the narrow locker. 

"Dating other people?"

"I'm not saying he is, I'm just saying maybe he's already moving on." She further explained as Brooke looked very deep in thought. "And even if he is, isn't that a good thing? That means you can both be friends." Which made the brunette hesitantly nod and the awkward action didn't go unnoticed by the other. "Brooke, you can't do this."

"Do what?"

Peyton just disappointingly stared at her for a second before giving her a reply, "String him along."

"I wouldn't do that to him." Brooke quickly defended.

"Well, you might do that if you're not sure what role you want him to play in your life. Depending on your response to me saying you guys can be friends, you didn't sound thrilled about that idea." Brooke remained quiet till the school bell rang. "Look- I know I'm not the ideal person for you to hear this from but, don't hurt him, okay?"

"You're right, you aren't the ideal person." She remarked with an eye roll. "But you are right." Crossing her arms.

Peyton smiled as she closed the locker shut and wrapped her arm around Brooke's shoulder while beginning to walk off together.

~

"So Andrew, have you thought about what's your plan after high school?" The counselor asked as she glanced down at the papers that were laid on her desk before looking back up at the student in front of her.

"Basketball. That's the only way I can even see myself attending a good college." Andrew responded as he relaxed into his seat.

"You think that's the only reason? Just because of basketball?"

"You have my file, you can see my grades. They're not exactly winning colleges over." Andrew remarked.