Thick Coat

"Hello, darling" you whispered.

I remember clearly what happened that day. I was out, needing space from everyone and anyone I knew, knowing that all of them, every single one, had lied to me. Yes, I had suspicions that my boyfriend, my ex I would say now, cheated on me. Knowing whenever I got back he smelled like honeysuckle perfume, I knew the scent perfectly well. And I knew who used it too. But I was blinded by the fog his lies made, by the wrong answers that kept me on my toes, and the false accusements that made me shiver as he said them with coldness blaring in his eyes. No, I said to myself, along with "it's just your imagination", I wouldn't accept it to be true, and to my guess, so wouldn't my friends...but that wasn't an excuse, that was a cover up, an untrue statement, to shade what they really wanted to tell me..."You knew"...well if I did, would it be the same? Or would he be the one walking pointlessly across the open shopping center, as the sharp wind moved his new, along with his dry, tears as they froze with every passing second, wearing a thick coat covering up from the cooling temperatures and winter sense as much as he could? Nope, but if he would have, wearing that thick coat wouldn't help.....he wasn't a winter person, he would stay indoors every time it was below 35, I remember, I was the one who would go out in these temperatures, still enjoying everything it brought, but him? He would invite my friend while I was gone and later he would catch up with me, alone, but even with his thickest coat, I could still smell the honeysuckle perfume. But what if for an instance I did know, why wouldn't they have told me? Did they not care to see me suffer? I was paralyzed in my mind, when one thought passed through, though it was briefly and swift, it stuck out most than any other "I'm here alone" no boyfriend, now that I knew the truth..., no real friends, since they enjoyed the show, as I was in pain..., no family, parents gone, and my siblings in other parts of the world, along with the rest with my family...,and no stranger, with the kindness enough to notice my sorrow...but see, that's were you came in.