Jealousy

"May I ask, what is wrong?" you crouched over my table, and even though you saw me broken, as a small china would, shattering into a million pieces when it crashed to the ground, you still had that smile one your face, but seeing me as you were, with your green eyes capturing and extracting anything they could, your smile seemed fragile and understanding, even if you were just passing my table, to meet your friends at the double doors, where they were getting in a car, that was being driven by your mom.

Oh, but that was the one thing that your sparkling eyes didn't catch, my anger, and my jealousy for you...your friends were impatient for you to come, and your mom eagerly waiting your departure from me...all I ever wanted you had, crawling up your hand, a mom, an entire family I bet, splendidly calling your name as they couldn't wait to have you back. You also had real friends, many more I would guess, that accepted your decision of waving them off, saying this was  

something important, that you would meet up later with them, having your unknown plans already set out. But how could you? I asked myself, everything I yearned for, everything i wished for, you had sent off. With a couple of words that escaped your lips, and simple movements of your large hands and all of my desires have left, but you didn't notice, that was what you didn't get...that moment, our first encounter, reminded me of a quote... "someone's trash, is someone else's treasure" but then after you let me in you world later on, I understood that I was wrong, because you didn't take them for granted, but instead you took them gratefully, which was another one of my mistakes.....I hadn't.

"everything's swell" I answered, I detected sarcasm in my voice, even if I hadn't meant it, it was to protect myself, and most importantly you. But you chuckled lightly, filling the air of the coffee shop we were in, "well isn't that dandy?" you said as you laughed, your curls bouncing as you head leaned back. You sat in the chair across me even if I hadn't given you permission, but you didn't need it, I unconsciously had let you in already to the world of my chaos, even if I had told myself many times it wasn't worth it, it wasn't worth my happiness, your pain wasn't worth my happiness, because I knew what you would have to go through, to make that happen. "so may I know, now? With everything aside, I am interested" it sounded weird to me, interested in what? My suffer? I would've shut myself down if you had meant the harm similar to what others did, I would have, but you said you next words, as if you knew what I was thinking, "I'm interested in what I can try and fix, from what others have left...someone's trash is someone else's treasure" you said consciously. My mouth went agape, in awe of what you said, but not offended, because I knew it was true, I smiled at your kindness, I smiled at you, as you were the stranger that I have waited for.

But later on, you weren't a stranger anymore. Days passed where you and I would meet, endless hour passing by as we spent then together. With the help of you, I rebuild my life back to the top, as it had been destroyed from the very bottom. I had real friends now, that I could call my family, and with you, I had the one to call my own.