four | amir

Bismillahir rahmanir raheem
In the Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Ever Merciful

If the adhan has been called, and you've not yet prayed, please go and pray.

Jami' at-Tirmidhi 2309
'Ubadah bin As-Samit narrated that the Messenger of Allah () said: "Whoever loves to meet Allah, Allah loves to meet him. Whoever is averse to meeting Allah, Allah is averse to meeting him."

published:
17th of june 2024, 11 Dhu'l-Hijjah, 1445 A.H.

A M I R

Just when I started my first two sentences, our second meet in one day occurred.

My eyes, that were stuck at wall or just anywhere for the most part, wandered about. As it jumps around, I see someone. For a split second our eyes lock. It hits me like a wave of shock. It's her.

The girl from the bus.

(a/n: I wish my creativity was a bit better, that would've would atleast enabled me to pick better nicknames 😭)

''Astagfirullah.'' My inner dialouge yells out in my mind, as I quickly fixate my gaze on the wall, to avoid.

'...Go out there, and achieve it. You want this degree or that degree? Work for it.'' The words leave my mouth smoothly. Almost as if I'm not reading the script in my head simultaneously.

As if I didn't just make eye contact with some random girl that keeps popping up everywhere.

I go down the little walkway, and continue my speech.The speech goes on for another 10 minutes, until the university's dean took over.

Afterwards, and meeting with the board members of the school, my social battery was drained.

I headed in my car, and I'm just about to start the car, when my brother calls me.

''As salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa baraktuhu.'' Yusuf greets me.

''Wa alaykumu salaam wa rahmatullahi wa baraktuhu.'' I respond.

''So...'' Yusuf starts off.

''So what?'' I respond.

''Can you come and pick me up? I'm at the basketball court.'' He asks.

I can already imagine him making puppy eyes on the other line.

Tsk.

''Sure. I'll be there in 10.'' I say.

Me and Yusuf exhange our salaams, and the call ends.

A few minutes pass, until I arrive at the basketball court. There I spot Naseem, just as he aims for the hoop.

Naseem and Yusuf are like two peas in a pod. The two were always up to something, all of the time.

Yusuf and Naseem are right in the middle of a game, when I sneak up on them, thereby also successfully taking the ball out of Yusuf's hands.

Before any of the two can react, I aim, and throw the ball in hoop.

''And the crowd goes wild!''

Yusuf and Naseem, now realizing what happened, turn to face me.

''I was just about to win!'' Yusuf complains, clearly annoyed at the fact that he missed out on a victory.

''In Amir's defence, that was a nice shot.'' Naseem says.