Chapter 7

(So, I changed the book name, 'cause it's not really focusing on, well, Winterwatcher anymore! ALSO, *CRINGES* "AN ICY RELATIONSHIP"!? WHAT WAS I THINKING...)

~Moonwatcher~

She gasped for air as she was pulled out of her vision abruptly. D-did she just see herself beside Darkstalker, sitting on a throne!? Wait, that was not right. Her vision must be mistaken! Universe, please double-check your work before you send me these visions! She thought. Moon had no idea what she was thinking, but at this point, she couldn't even think. Her brain was a mess.

After all, she may or may not have seen a suspiciously familiar red SkyWing and a green RainWing that had tried to kill her and her friends. AH, also, right now she was on the hard dried-up ground, bleeding from scratches almost everywhere. Yeah, that too. 

Moonwatcher stayed on the ground for a few more seconds, breathing heavily, her eyes gazing at the moon. This lasted quite a while. Finally, she gingerly spread her wings to examine it. Luckily, her wings had not been scratched too badly. It should be able to lift her into the sky. 

The NightWing carefully flapped her wings, immediately regretted it, wincing with pain but was lifted into the air. Moonwatcher flew toward Darkstalker's palace again, hoping he hadn't noticed she was gone. But that was the least of her worries when she arrived at the palace. 

Darkstalker was stomping around, causing loud thumps. The corner of his eyes was slightly red and his face was still wet and a little sticky-looking. He had definitely been crying- it looked as if the sadness had turned into rage soon after though. Every exquisite picture of him, Moonwatcher, and even a small frame of Clearsight which Darkstalker had found in his old school was on the floor, glass shatterings nearby. 

Qibli just watched Darkstalker as he roared with rage. The SandWing had an odd expression on his face as well. Although his face was blank, his eyes darted around anxiously when he spotted Moonwatcher. It was as if she was trying to tell her something... 

~Qibli~ (And then off to just third-person.)

His heart thumped when he saw Moon but comforting Darkstalker clearly was more important- even if he didn't know how standing still obediently was helping. Oh, camel-spit! You're an idiot! Qibli heard a thought shout. He had been having these alarming thoughts. It was weird. Ever since he had accepted Darkstalker's offering of animus magic.

BECAUSE I'M THE REAL THOUGHTS YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE. The voice called at him. Woah, he was having some conversations in his head. It wasn't as if he didn't before this- but he could tell that it was made up. Oh yeah. I agree with that one. Nice Winter is definitely made-up. THAT'S WHY THIS FEELING IS TRUE. I AM A DRAGON THAT YOU SHOULD BE LISTENING TO.

Moonwatcher's eyes gazed at Qibli filled with concern. Three moons! Moon had mind-reading powers! She must've heard this conversation in his head. OH. OH. OH! That's right! The thought said. Darkstalker's head is probably too chaotic to hear this right now. 

OK, listen to me, Moon. Basically, I accepted Darkstalker's gift for animus magic- YEAH, YEAH, I KNOW, never accept free lizards from anyone- I'm aware of my mother saying that to me. BUT IT WAS TEMPTING. Ah, anyway. So now Darkstalker's enchanted me to be like- his loyal scavenger and I can't really get out of it, but uh, I can still think although my bodies been taken over by this new STUPID DRAGON. 

OK, now Moonwatcher was looking as if she was about to send him to therapy. Qibli pulled away in embarrassment and focused his gaze back on Darkstalker. He wondered if there was anything he could do to make his master feel better.