TA 34

You decided to drop the Google idea and find Host instead. 

Going back to your robotic 'cousin', you put a hand on his shoulder. "'Ey, Googs. I have to go. There's an emergency, and I really need to head along now. You go get yourself charged- I know that you're low." 

With that, you waited until he stood up to follow him inside. "Didn't you say there was an emergency?" He turned a curious glance to you. "There is, but I need to go inside. And it's not too urgent, ya know, I've still got almost two hours... Do you know if Host is in his room?" You asked. "Is he ever anywhere else?" Google answered with a question. 

Once you got up the stairs, you parted ways, and you found yourself at the bottom of a dark, gloomy stairway. Bad feelings practically suffocated you as you just stood there. 

"A̸͊͂̍ű̶̢̖*̷̦̌̀*̶*̷*̷, if this is you..." You swallowed, not being able to finish that sentence. You still weren't able to say that name- and if you knew anything about anything, that was a bad thing. And now that you thought of it, it was getting worse than before. Before, you only couldn't hear the 'r', but over the days, you realized, that lessened. Now, you could only hear the 'Au' part. Which was odd, because you could say and think and hear it just fine when you were in the mindscape. 

What was going on here? You supposed you were about to find out the answers to all of your questions... Or, maybe, you wouldn't get any. 

You walked up those dark stairs and knocked on that door. Almost instantly, it swung open. 

He knew you were coming.

"The Host tells the Attorney to come in." His voice cut through the darkness of the room. You hesitantly took a step forward. Every muscle in your body was screaming at you not to, but you didn't know why. Was that the corruption? Did it not want to be discovered by Host? If so, why didn't it make any precautions for that? 

The door swung closed behind you, and a candle flickered to life. It illuminated Host's face. He was all the way in the corner of the room, sitting on his armchair. Despite the creepy atmosphere and bad feelings, you felt like a child going to get scolded more than anything.

You sat across from him, trying to figure out how to start this conversation. "I guess I need help." You felt a strange detachment from this situation. You felt like it didn't matter too much, continued as you saw that he didn't react. "A while ago, just when you said it would, things started going downhill. I'm sure you know that much, but..."

"Everything was wrong. Auto and I were being heavily affected by some... Force. I went to Marvin, and we went into my head. Long story short, we found out that there was a corruption in my mind. It had a strong grasp on almost everything there, and I found out later that it had a conscience..." You started, only to trail off. 

Host still wouldn't say anything. But he did have his head turned towards you now, so you knew he was listening. Was he upset at you? Why wouldn't he speak? Should you just tell him everything, or only tell him the important bits? What if you leave out something that he could find importance in that you couldn't?

So, with that in mind, you restarted from the beginning. You told him everything. From small details like not being able to say Author's name to major events like causing the death of someone within you- Riparius, who likely represented something important within you, to the main bits like the corruption effecting your mindscape so badly that it was scattered, and you were losing bits of yourself...

"The Host asks the Attorney to reapeat once more the conversation with Sun." Host finally spoke up, catching you slightly off guard. But you shrugged, "sure." You had excellent memory, so you could pretty much recite it exactly. But you would just give him the cliff notes.

"Moon was effected by the corruption- he doesn't know that he's effected too, does he? Oh well- and the two of them were my positive and negative sides. Sun represents my childishness, self-indulgence, selfishness, kindness, and all of that. Moon represents my hate, empathy, strength, selflessness, and other stuff. Moon lost his good attributes to the corruption, which is mainly selflessness and empathy. Sun was losing his bad sides, which were selfishness, anxiety, and childishness. He also pretty much told me that Auto was in danger..."

"Host asks if the Attorney is worried." Host suddenly narrated, making you pause. "No, why would I be-... Worried..." You suddenly realized. There was a cold feeling in your chest now. It spread to the rest of your body, giving you a chill. You WEREN'T worried. That was the problem. It was gone. 

"Sun..." The word- no, the name- left you breathless. It was nothing but a whisper, but as it escaped your lips, you felt like you had just swallowed the weight of the world, and it was now dropped down into your stomach. 

"Continue." Host spoke plainly, knocking you out of your trance. "Y-yeah. Okay." Your mouth was dry, but you continued anyway. You had to. Sun wasn't dead yet, he was just corrupted. But he would be if you didn't do something soon. But you still had plenty of time, you supposed. 

"Well, basically, to sum it all up... The corruption has a conscience and can take over Auto whenever. It's sucking my energy out of me, and I can guess that if I wasn't supposed to wake up today, then something worse would happen tomorrow so I kind of need your help to fix this before tomorrow." You added, "if you can."

"...I think you're misinformed." You froze as Host spoke in first person. That was a rare occurrence. How curious. 

"The reason I told you that it was all in your hands now was because there's literally nothing I can do now. If I could help you, I would've. But I must say something..." Host trailed off, putting his hand on his chin. 

"The story the Attorney told him does not match up with the parts of the story he knew." 

At first, you were confused. Was he trying to accuse you of lying? Was he really not going to help you at all? But then you realized what he was really saying.

You didn't have the story right.

And you had an hour left.

What now?