Chapter 8 - Going Good?

The next day, the Bad Guys were walking to Marmalade's mansion as they head to the entrance. They stop to see Teresa being dropped off in front of the mansion by one of Diane's bodyguard as he drove away. She still has an annoyed face as she watched the driver leave, before seeing the Bad Guys. "So, you must be the troubled prankster of the governor's sister everybody talked about. Gotta say, those pranks of yours caused a lot of trouble to everyone around you, yet here we are." Snake said, approaching her as she said, "Yeah, well it's not everyday you get to meet a group of known criminals." Shark gets in between and says, "Well, this here's Mr Snake, and I'm Mr Shark. And the rest are Wolf, Tarantula, and Piranha."

"Shark, Teresa knows who we are." Webs said, before Teresa said, "How'd you know my name?" Webs shrugs and says, "Social media talk about you." Teresa rolls her eyes and mutters, "Of course they do." She went and pushed the doorbell and the door opens, letting the group inside. The inside was white with a statue of Marmalade carrying a lamp that's the shape of the Love Crater Meteorite as Wolf chuckled before saying, "Wow. Big and fancy." Shark looks around and says, "Rodent's got taste."

"Okay." Snake adds, "Huh. Almost makes me want to be cute." They suddenly hear a voice saying, "They say experience is the best teacher. And they are wrong. I am." They turn to see Marmalade at the top of the stairs as he says, "Good morning, students of goodness. And welcome to the first day of the rest of your best life."

Piranha sees the lamp and points, "A giant butt!" Marmalade was confused before he realized that Piranha means the lamp before saying, "Uh, it's-it's not a butt. It's a lamp in the shape of the Love Crater Meteorite, my greatest-" "I wonder whose butt is that." Piranha interrupts. Teresa was trying her hardest not to laugh as Marmalade starts to get annoyed and says, "Once again, it's not a butt. Thank you. It's a heart. Now, as I was saying-" "Then why does it have cheeks?"

The rest of the Bad Guys shushed him as he said, "What? I've never seen a heart with cheeks." Marmalade silences his scoff and says, "It's not a-" Piranha says, "Booty!" That's when Marmalade snaps, "It's not a butt! Not a butt!" Teresa was dying with laughter before Piranha said to the others, "Does he know what a butt is?" Marmalade's face was red with anger until he clears his throat and says, "As I was saying, on the outside, the five of you are villains, predators, remorseless sociopaths."

"And only one citizen is a trickster of the city." Shark spoke, "Oh, stop. You're making me blush." Marmalade continued, "But inside, there's a flower...the flower of goodness... and when it blooms and you feel that tingle of positivity radiating through your body, you're going to want to feel it all the time." Webs asks, "So, we're going for a tingle?" Marmalade answers, "Not any tingle. The tingle of goodness, which you'll feel in my state-of-the-art Sharing Laboratory." He leads the group to a room with two chairs and a table next to a wide window with the view of the sky.

Marmalade held out a push pop and says, "Okay, Mr. Snake, I'm going to give you a Push Pop." Snake snatched the push pop and says, "Great! Push Pop just for me!" He was about to eat it, but Marmalde shook his finger and says, "No, to share." Snake glanced at him and asks, "Why?" Marmalade answers, "Well, on a fundamental level, it's about putting someone else's needs ahead of your own." At the table, Shark was seen sitting on a chair, a sly look on his face as he chuckled. Snake backs away and says, "Oh, no. No way."

Wolf glares at him and spoke with a stern look, "Snake." Snake groans and says, "All right, all right." He goes to the table and sat down as Shark said, "This is going to taste extra sweet, 'cause I know how bad you want it." Snake groans in response as he shakily lifts the push pop towards Shark. "Pop me, please." Shark said as he opens his mouth wide, tongue out. Snake was still struggling until he says, "Nope!" He stuffs the push pop in his mouth and says, "Sucker."

Shark, not angry, grabs Snake and yells, "That's it! I'll teach you to share!" He then gobbles up Snake whole, as everyone gasps in shock. Shark has a satisfied look and says, "I like sharing. It's yummy." Snake yells from inside his belly, "Totally worth it!" Marmalde has a shocked look and says, "Well, that's terrifying. Let's try something simpler."

He leads them outside into the streets as he explains, "A good person always pays attention to the needs of others. Now, here's a kindly, frail grandma." He motions to Teresa, who was wearing grandma's clothes and has a displeased look on her face. The Bad Guys laughed at her look before Marmalade goes to Piranha and says, "Mr. Piranha, help grandma across the street." Piranha scoffed and says, "Sure, sure, sure. I do this all the time." He goes to Teresa, held her hand and says, "Here you go, ma'am." She has no choice but to walk with him while holding each other's hands, both having a strange fuzzy feeling in their stomachs, which Teresa knew what and hates the most as the others continued laughing.

Webs nudged Shark and says, "Oh, he is totally gonna blow it." Piranha, no control of his anger management, heard and turns his head back, saying, "What was that? What did you say? You think I can't do this?" Webs laughs again as Piranha lets go of Teresa's hand and ran to Webs, neither of them noticing an incoming truck. "No, no, no, Piranha!-" Teresa yells, but instantly avoids the approaching truck as it drove past between them. Piranha's face dropped and turns around to see if she's alright.

Teresa was alright, but she was traumatized by that. Her life flashed before her eyes as her fur was messy. Piranha was relieved before helping her up, Marmalade flinching from that near death experience for the young Foxington before suggesting, "Maybe simpler?" He then leads them to the backyard where they see a cat stuck on a tree as Wolf says, "Hey, look. It's a cat stuck in a tree." Marmalade turns to the group and says, "It doesn't get much simpler than that. Now, what in this scenario would give you that good tingle?" Snake answers, "Eating it?"

He held out two slices of bread before adding, "This is why I always carry two pieces of bread with me." Marmalade shook his head and says, "No. I want you to s..." The Bad Guys gave different answers.

Wolf: Smack it.

Snake: Skin it?

Shark: Stab it.

Webs: Sauté it.

Piranha: Sing to it?

Teresa was trying her hardest not to laugh while Marmalade has a dumbfounded look before saying, "Save it. I want you to sa...That's obv... It's so obvi... I want you to save it." The Bad Guys understood, but when they look at the cat, they shout viciously, "Here, kitty, kitty, kitty!" The cat got scared and climbed up more in fear as Snake says, "Whoa, that cat is obviously defective." Piranha looks at his friends and says, "What is wrong with you? You're gonna give it a heart attack.*scoffs* I'll handle this." What would look like a normal rescue didn't turn normal as Piranha jumps in front of the cat, yelling, "What's up, papa?!"

The cat yowled in fright, causing it to jump off the tree and onto Wolf's face. The cat screeched and attacks him, causing Wolf to scream and runs around, trying to get the cat off his face and yelling, "Get him off my face! He's on my face!" Teresa bursts out laughing from the scene. Marmalade then yells, "No, no, no, no, no, listen! Wh-What are you doing?" The cat yowled and climbs back up the tree, leaving Wolf with a lot of scratches on his face. Marmalade looked mad, but takes a deep breath and asks, "Okay. What, may I ask, are you good at?"

Teresa was first to answer, "Pranking people."Piranha answers next, "Stealing stuff." Shark agrees and says, "Oh, yeah, we're great at that." The other gave different answers.

"Robbery."

"Larceny."

"Wire fraud."

"Extortion."

"Tax evasion."

"Heists."

"Mail fraud."

Marmalade heard the word 'heist' and interrupts them by asking, "Wait. Heists, you say?" Wolf shrugs and says, "Well, that's... yeah, that's kind of our specialty." Marmalade has an idea and says, "I might just have an idea."